Monday, April 27, 2015

Mostly Birds

I have a few images from early in spring,so I had better share them before we get too far along in this season.Spring is an exciting time,with all the new birds arriving and then later the new growth.


The first thunderstorm of the season gave me a chance to capture some of my favourite scenes. Clouds and sky.


On my yard,the first new birds to arrive are usually the Dark-eyed Juncos.I love to hear their cheerful twittering and also to watch their interaction with each other.It seems that they spend more time chasing each other away then they do eating.


Just because I like these little birds,here is another picture of one of them. Sorry for the shadow across it's body.


Once the ice has melted the Canada Geese get busy preparing for nesting. This looks like an odd couple to me.The lead goose is noticeably larger than the other one,yet they seemed to be a pair.


These two have claimed one of the straw bales for their home.On a side note,I was at the same marsh on Sunday,April 26,and several bales obviously have geese nesting on them.


Earlier in spring it was not uncommon to see Bald Eagles around,but by now they have headed elsewhere to start the nesting process.These two,an adult and an immature Bald Eagle were hanging out near a place where there are often food scraps on the fields.


I close this post with one of my photos and an added Bible verse.


22 comments:

  1. love that you can see eagles! and hooray for the hay bale nesting sites being utilized! that's very cool. our juncos have gone back to you for the season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to see that bale of hay in the deeper water! We've got some geese nesting again on one of our buildings! Fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! Love the little junco and how neat that the hay bales become nesting sites.

    Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing your early Spring with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures, Ruth... I love those little Juncos. We get them here ONLY when we have a big snow... This year we didn't see them since all we had was mostly ice....

    Love the geese on the hay bale... Nice place for a home!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, lovely images! Our Juncos have left us for the summer. They are with us all winter, but as it get warmer they leave. I think they go up north. It's quite neat that the geese nest on those hay bales! I've never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice post, Ruth. I especially like the one of the two Canadian Geese on the hay bale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos. Love those clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos...love those geese on the hay bale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really neat that the geese are using hay bales to nest. All of your photos are striking, but the geese is my fave of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! My favorite are the huge puffy clouds and the geese on the hay bale. I have never seen such a thing! Usually they build big stick nests. But maybe this would be softer. Our Juncos (snow birds) arrive in the dead of winter and leave in the spring! Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth, I love Proverbs 1:7 and what a great photo to put it on. As always, I enjoyed all your photos ... you should link that sky photo up with Skywatch on Friday. My favorite this time is the one with the geese on the straw bale ... what a neat photo! Always love the eagle photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the quote on your last photo. the geese nesting on the bale of hay is really something neat and not seen before.. that little bird on the stump is so cute. I love blue and white sky. our resident hawk has now wiped out every bird and squirrel from our yard. the only wild life left is the daddy cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the junco's are so beautiful, they stay with me for winter, but are gone now. it's good to know they are in good hands with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! I love that photo of the geese on the hay bale! I love juncos too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you photos lately have been so clean, pure, happy, cheerful lately. those bright blue skies are just so great. love these shots. something about a haybale is just so happy & calming. now if i ever figure it out - i will let you know? but it is just so. i just feel it. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  17. So adorable....seeing the two sitting on the bale of hay... A very unique photo...
    blessings Ruth...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your little Juncos! So far we haven't seen any here, but I did see a pair of Robins today. I think the Juncos will be close behind.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tho my guide books tell me bald eagles are here in my spot of Texas I have yet to see one...that image you share is priceless...the cloud formation is extraordinary with the top image...but, Ruth, I must admit the geese on the bale is the one photo that just steals the show today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful God's creations and words. Your photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the fluffy clouds! Great junco shots. I never get good photos of them for some reason. Love the eagles, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth