Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Out For a Drive

I spend a lot of time driving around the countryside,looking for photo opportunities.
I know I won't be finding many pictures while sitting in my house.


 I have often mentioned the Kaleida marshes and that is often my destination.Spring brings the geese,ducks and gulls.Well this day there were only a few Canada Geese.
The powers that be put these round straw bales on the frozen marsh and they then provide nesting and roosting places for the waterfowl.I happened to like the bale reflected in the,still partially frozen marsh.


Don't ask me why,but I happen to like this setting. The blue water and sky,the straw bale and a few geese taking off.


These two had much to say. Wish I could understand goose language. :)
I'm thinking she was probably telling him to take a cold shower.


When the geese have enough of me and my camera,this is all I get to see. I sure hope they had on winter 'tires',because the water was still in solid form.

Driving along a little further I came upon a farm. Usually there is not much activity there,but on this occasion I was in for a treat. There were several lambs and mamas in the fence,which caught my attention. Before too long,a little girl all dressed in pink came running towards the road.Following closely on her heels was this little lamb.Made me think of 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'. I think this one would have followed her wherever she went. Is that not the cutest thing ever?


Just a thought:
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

23 comments:

  1. glad the waterfowl use the hay bales! sweet little lamb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like your photos of the bales on the frozen marsh. The little lamb is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your round bale shots and geese are special birds for me. Great to see your spring melt. Being from the north of the Northern Hemisphere, I miss the sharply changing seasons of my childhood. Your landscape is the same colour as ours just now except that we have not had a blade of grass for three months and no snow cover to keep the dust down.
    So glad you head out on your photographic expeditions. Thank you Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The powers that be are very thoughtful. I'd like to see something like that here. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. The powers that be are very thoughtful. I'd like to see something like that here. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a sweet black and white lamb! I can see why you love to visit the marshes - it looks so peaceful there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hay bale and the geese taking off make a delightful and compelling picture! I have never seen hay in water! I think the second picture is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful photos dear Ruth. Such beauty where you live, wide open spaces, peace and quiet.

    I love that quote.

    Have a great Thursday ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can't get over that haybale ... that has me laughing. we see that all the time. usually with birds sitting on top enjoying the view. i found you on instagram yesterday. i always think it is fun to find friends on all the different medias. have a great Thursday. take care. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  10. precious little lamb and i agree, the water, geese, hay are so beautiful and peaceful. great idea on the hay bale on the ice. i am trying to use this post to make me get out and drive around. i don't have country to drive in, but there are parks and preserves and rivers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics. I like how the bale of hay sits there and reflects itself in the water. looks like a double bale. And, the geese....something we rarely see around here. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sound like me Ruth...I will drive anywhere for a photo op! This place was great and you found many great shots here...lovely reflection of that hay bale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your pictures are wonderful, Ruth! You always manage to find something nice to shoot! I hope you are having a very nice Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always learn something new from my blog reading...I didn't know they did that with hay bales for the water fowl. Great idea. Love your photos, Ruth, especially the one of the sweet little lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah----what a great post... We enjoyed driving the back/country roads this week.. So much beauty all around... Cute little lamb...

    I think the female goose was definitely telling that male to 'GO AWAY'.... ha ha

    Love seeing the hay bale in the water. Reflection is great.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guess you don't often see a bale of hay sitting in the water. Makes for a very pretty picture. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruth, lovely images! That Lamb is very cute! Glad to see it's starting to warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is interesting, the hay bale in the water. The lamb is adorable! My sister's son brought home an orphaned lamb from a farm he worked as a teen. It truly followed her everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The ice is finally gone from our lakes...but a few weeks ago the geese certainly needed snow tires!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That first shot is smashing and I love that cute little lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like it!!! All of the photos!!!

    And...not to forget your final 'thought'....I like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. pretty pictures and a great thought!!! i LOVE a ride in the car, destination, unknown!! have a happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoyed your photos Ruth even those of the pesky Canada Geese!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth