Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Feathered Friends

I am still posting photos from May 9th,but then,some pictures are not specific to any date.
A friend and I had gone to Winnipeg,specifically to do photography,and although it was somewhat windy and not all that warm,I was happy with the pictures I got.


St.Vital Park is a good place to capture waterfowl pictures. The birds allow people to get closer than at many places.

I have so many Canada Goose photos,but still keep on taking more.This one swam by so lazily.


I love the Wood Ducks,especially the males.They are colourful and always look just a little proud. Now,if I looked that good,I would be tempted to be proud as well.


As with the Canada Geese,I have way too many Mallard photos,but when I see a beautiful male like this one,I have to keep on shooting. This one looks very relaxed,but that was not always the case,that day.

This picture is somewhat blurred,but I still like the action here.There seemed to be constant fighting among either the geese or the ducks that day.


A Ring-billed Gull is indicating that it is time to move on.

I leave these words with you today,may they encourage you today——
God sees you through the eyes of love.

25 comments:

  1. such beautiful drake shots!! totally envious on your close-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a beautiful man-made lake and wooded area not too far from me. I love going there for a drive to see the geese and the ducks and other birds. There's enough folks taking such beautiful photos that I don't feel any need to photograph them also, LOL and mine would never be that great! I know, I've tried! Loving these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wood Ducks have such gorgeous colors. I don't think I've ever seen one in CO. Are you still driving the bus? I think my grands are finished the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, Ruth! I just love the Wood Ducks - I just rarely ever see one. I'm sort of like you: no matter how many photos of any one bird I get, I'm always taking more, and always hoping for that perfect shot!! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always get such marvelous pictures of your feathered friends to share with us. The wood duck is a very handsome fellow, but I really like your action shot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Ruth! These are terrific images. I never get tired of seeing waterfowl. Really pretty shot of the Wood Duck. God created a masterpiece with this one, didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are wonderful shots of the wood duck and the mallard. Great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are fantastic. So very clear and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you posted them. Wonderful creations of God!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, stunning and captivating wildlife photos Ruth. Thanks for sharing with us!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful photos dear Ruth. It all looks so peaceful, the different colorings and markings on birds beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too have many, many photos of mallards and Canada geese. They are such good looking bird that it's hard not to point my camera and click. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that action shot... and who would be able to see these beauties and not turn the camera their way...

    ReplyDelete
  14. THE DUCKS IN THE POND BY MY CHURCH WILL POSE! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Al beautiful images. The Wood duck is so special

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wood duck with the piercing red eye is my favorite of this beautiful series. P.S. You always find the best quotes to post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your header, I need one like it but I have no idea how.....such gorgeous birds

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic captures of these lovely birds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just realized I didn'the see any Wood Ducks swimming down in our valley this Spring. I guess we didn't get enough rain for them to have ponds to swim in. I just love how beautifully they are feathered.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love that last quote - gives me chills. nice one!! love your wood duck shot. they are so lovely, aren't they? ( :

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are fantastic shots, Ruth. The wood duck and the mallard are beautiful!. Your header is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Apologies for running late on my reading of post. My, my.....what gorgeous feathered friends that you found to photograph. each one, so unique and interesting. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful shots! The shots of the birds in flight are especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth