Tuesday, May 12, 2015

For The Love of Birds

I am a 'Birder' or bird lover.I make no apologies for that,because birds are part of God's creation and in my mind are beautiful and interesting to watch. Today I share a few images of recent bird photos and also one other one.


To start,here is an American Coot.This bird is not colourful,actually kind of drab,but it is still interesting.In this photo,I like the rippled water as much as the bird.


OK,no bird in this shot,but I liked the effect of the water around this large rock.I admit,I see beauty where others would shrug their shoulders and walk away.


On my yard there is a lot more bird activity now and I love it. The White-throated Sparrows are such a welcome sight and sound. Their whistled song fills the air on these cool spring mornings.


My Facebook friends have already seen this picture,but I had to show it again.It was a foggy and cold morning,but I thought that perhaps I could get some unique photos at the lake.I was not expecting to see these guys.These are American Avocets.I had never before seen them at our local lake.I guess they must have wanted a trip to the beach,because this is the beach area of the lake.The beach does need some cleanup before it is ready for the sun bathers.


I love the colouring of these birds and those long legs and upturned bill. In the previous picture you can see the long blue legs.This is quite a stunning bird. To say that I was glad I had gone to the lake that morning,would be an understatement.


God looks forward to blessing you every day.
Live expectantly.

22 comments:

  1. wow, those avocets would have made my day/month, maybe year! have never seen one in person. so very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures, Ruth! I especially like the Avocets! No wonder you were excited to see them! The White-throated Sparrow is pretty special, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos with us. I'm very happy that you see beauty where others don't and then capture it so well. I especially liked your pictures of the Avocets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what great looking birds, and photos of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deeply pleasant!



    ( '>
    /))
    //""

    ALOHA from Honolulu,
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Avocets are an amazing piece of God's workmanship! I love the long bill, just slightly turned up! But their whole body is a wonderful painting! I wonder why they used the coot in the phrase "Old coot"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those are really neat! Great grouping of Avocets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic photos. So clear and sharp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos of the Avocets! I like your water shots too. I too think there is a lot of beauty in the play of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos of the Avocets! I like your water shots too. I too think there is a lot of beauty in the play of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those American Avocets are really neat birds. Glad you captured them with your camera.

    Enjoy the rest of your week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the water shot and 3 and 4 are really really beautiful shots. love that little guy and those spread wings

    ReplyDelete
  13. You take such lovely photos, Ruth. I am still at the practice stage of my bird photography...see, I have this problem...THEY MOVE! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Avocets are stunning with great reflections. I love the well composed Sparrow shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin' it Ruth!! And I too take photos of what others would call 'strange'...'cause we BOTH see beauty in textures, colors, nature!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ruth, In this post my favorite photo is the third one ... White-throated Sparrow. I like that little patch of yellow on the head. Your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruth, great images! The White-Throat is very pretty! I love the Avocets! They are such beautiful birds. Saw my first in Manitoba last year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. FANTASTIC images of the Avocets! I've never seen on in person! but I'd love to!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you made me smile about the FB comment ... i love seeing your shots over and over. i am not sure what you use ...but you always have such great lighting. i wish i did. there are days where is just not perfect. i need a whole crew please. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  20. Linda at To Behold the BeautyMay 14, 2015, 6:39:00 PM

    I like Coots, too. Maybe it's the white bill. Or, it might be the name. :)

    Love the yellow spot on the head of the sparrow. I don't think I've ever seen one of those. The Avocets are amazing. I'm glad you pointed out the blue legs. I might have missed that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad that you are a bird lover......because I get to see so many of the feathered friends that I would not normally get to see....always, great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the bird pictures. Always fun to watch them whether it is at the birdfeeder, on the water, or just soaring high above our heads. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth