Sunday, May 3, 2015

Heavy Equipment At Work

As most of you know,I like to take pictures of the beauty of God's creation,be it birds,weather,flowers or landscapes.Well,today the pictures are of a completely different nature.
I woke up on April 27 to some monsters in the field behind my house.OK,so these were not really scary,but they are large.
The foggy morning made them look even more mysterious.

The next day,when the fog had cleared I noticed this equipment sitting quietly in the field.I cannot say for certain,as I have not heard the official news,but I do believe this is the start of construction of a new home for the aged.Our current home is old and too small,so this is welcome news.


 Another giant sitting out there,seemed even more out of place.

I walked closer to get a better shot.Now,that's a man sized truck.We don't often see that size of equipment around here.

I can sit on my deck and watch the action.Yes,a lot of noise in involved but the end will be worth it.I don't really mind have this home come up right in my back yard,so to say.When the construction is done it should be a good neighbour to have.

I will be returning to my normal nature posts in a day or two.

20 comments:

  1. It is nice to use photography to document what is happening in one's life, and this is a great post to note the changes that will be taking place in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, hope the noise and dust don't get too bad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always like how they line them up to 'park' in sync. :) glad you are okay with this new construction and the good it will do, eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know i love stuff like this and that first photo is is magical.. i love the misty look and peering through the trees. good news on the new home to. that last one is one Giant Truck.. wow on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Different and interesting! I do hope they build a new home. I think my favorite is the ghostly number three! And next is the last one, I love the shades of color. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You changed your header? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Header, Ruth. LOVE that Wood Duck in it. Wish I could see more of those around here. (Thanks for accepting my "Friend Invitation" on Facebook. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a nice change-of-pace post. You'll be able to document the construction project. I like your photos of the 'monsters'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like watching those 'monsters' at work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You seem to let life come and roll with the changes, Ruth. My grandsons would love sitting on the deck with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good that you always find the positive side to almost everything. Wonderful, too, to document the process.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that would be a bit of a shock...these pictures capture the eeriness! I love your attitude, you will have many good neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great post...you are right, different than most but really some great images. I hope who ever your new neighbors are they will be great ones...a little sad about that field though....They are logging right and left around here and so much of the rural countrysides are being built up with houses....it makes me rather sad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots of the 'monsters, Ruth - hopefully they'll get their part of the job done with quickly so (relative) quiet returns.

    Loved your sunset shots - of course, especially that last one. And so the months roll on - God's faithfulness never wavers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i enjoy the blog changes. glad you have some action to watch. i bet it is noisy though. keep us posted. i am so curious. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  16. site work, this is what the hubs and i did for 30 years, we still own a lot of the equipment. they can be loud, create a lot of dust and will make your house shake, we got LOTS of complaints over the years, i was the person who dealt with that. progress, many people don't like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The construction should give you plenty of photo ops! Yes, a home for the aged should be a very good neighbour!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Once in a while it is great with a change:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enlarged the photos...outstanding!!! Great post as always. Even these pieces of equipment, you've captured them in a very artful way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ruth, Wow, hope you'll keep us posted on this. Should be fascinating. I like your positive attitude about the change. That equipment is impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth