Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Memories

Well,I'm back from a short holiday and ready to share more photos with you.
Today I take you back to June 11,the day of my birthday.Join me as I wander around finding beauty in nature. Since this was my birthday,I figured I could spend it the way I wanted to and my choice was to visit the local lake.

This lake is small,as lakes go,but it is a place of ever changing beauty.


Tall billowy clouds in the sky are always a treat to watch.


Can you feel the warmth of this day? It was really quite hot,but I enjoyed my time of peace and solitude here.


More clouds and more time to be still and feel the love of God all around me.


Some of you may be wandering where I was during my time away from the blog. Well,I was in Red Deer,Alberta at a Gospel Music Celebration.Three days of Southern Gospel Music and blessings to fill my cup to overflowing. Sometimes blessings come from a quiet walk at the lake and other times it is the music that speaks to my heart and soul that fill my cup of blessing.

One last look at Lake Minniwasta. Thanks for joining me on this walk at the lake and for making my birthday special. At some point I may share some more pictures from my time at the music festival,but for now these pictures from a month ago will have to do.


Closing Thought:
Friends are beyond price,and there is no measuring their goodness.

20 comments:

  1. Any place one could go and wade in up to the knees? That's what I would love to do! What a beautifully peaceful place. Great photos you made; love the cloud reflection one! Glad you had an amazing time in RD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful lake -- and beautiful words -- with us. I would love to visit Lake Minniwasta with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, restful place to be able to enjoy. He, God, has led you beside the still waters, and you feel His love surrounding you there. That's a real blessing.

    Enjoy the rest of your week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah...a woman after my own heart...it would be my desire to spend my birthday out among God's creation in peace and solitude! What a gorgeous place do that and your photos are stunning. I don't have to ask you if you enjoyed your trip...I already know you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in a country of "water worshipers," so I'm not accustomed to seeing a lake shore void of houses and the water itself without a boat in sight. What a peaceful setting. And beautiful, too. I love how you've captured the reflection of the clouds in the next-to-the-last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about friends beyond price.. i love the lake and would like to wander down that path in the last photo... awesome sky and I saw your pics on FB about your trip and could tell you were having a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos convey the sense of peace you found there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i saw on facebook that you were away and having an awesome time. perhaps doing what you love most!! very pretty, peaceful images!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful lake. So peaceful. I'd love to put my kayak in there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes about friends! My best friend since 1966 is closer to me than a sister and I am so blessed to have her in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruth, wonderful images! Glad you were able to get away for a few days and enjoy that which I know you love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved seeing your beautiful photos, Ruth, of the lake. One of our lakes is very similar and that is where I take most of my sunset shots. I love it there. It's quiet and peaceful and one place where it's easy to forget all the troubles and turmoil going on in the world today and just soak up God's beauty,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful captures Ruth! So glad you had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous scenes that look so peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a peaceful feeling I get looking at these lovely photos, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  16. friends are great!! agree with you there. i can really feel the warmth. yes. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel refreshed and relaxed now, oh to be at a quiet lake's edge. Thank you Ruth! Glad you had a few days away enjoying that music live!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for these beautiful lakeside views. I'm happy that you're filled with joy by your musical holiday, Ruth. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos. It is great that you got to enjoy the great scenery and wonderful music.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth