Friday, August 28, 2015

More Banff Photos

Travelling through the Canadian Rockies is an experience everyone should have at least once in their life. I have had that privilege several times and each time I am in awe of the beauty I see.

This will be the last pictures from Banff,at least for a while. I do have some more,but they may or may not surface here at some time.

Today we start by taking one last,closer look at the glacier at the far end of Lake Louise.

I must preface the following images with a little background.Let me just say that I am not a huge fan of heights and on a previous ride up a gondola,I was less than excited.This happened MANY years ago and at that time I said I would never put myself through that again.Well,promises are often broken and when my son and granddaughter wanted to ride the gondola up Sulphur Mountain,I gathered all the courage I could and decided to join them.I now needed to prove to Kai that Grandma could handle this. I made it to the top,as this is taken from the top of the ride.

For the record,let me say,I enjoyed the ride up as well as down.I am glad I chose to do this and would do it again. This fella greeted us at the top of the mountain.The Bighorn Sheep is a beautiful animal.

The views from the top were breathtaking.


Framing this peak with a few branches added depth to the picture.

This is the same mountain,giving a broader view. Please notice the beautiful green ribbon of a river.


This is just another view.Beauty was literally all around me.


Last but certainly not least is a poor photo of the gorgeous and huge Banff Springs Hotel. I got this shot from up on Sulphur Mountain,zooming in as far as possible. If I had an endless supply of money,I might want to stay there,but the reality is that I will leave that for people who are much wealthier than me.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing Banff through my eyes,as much as I enjoyed sharing this adventure with you.

24 comments:

  1. So glad you did go up on the gondola up Sulphur Mountain! Spectacular views! That ram almost looks like a stone statue; he must be the greeting committee! The only way I ever got to spend time at the Banff Springs Hotel, was attending a conference; those rates made it affordable for even me. One can tour inside though - beautiful... It would be fun to see an old photo of the glacier at Lake Louise to compare with nowadays! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up the Bannf on Google earth and wow oh wow what a place it is.... i love the glacier pic and that sheep is wonderful. you are brave to ride that little contraption, i rode one as a child and that was the last time. glad you could and did do it and enjoyed it. the photos and the views were worth it

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgot to say, the rooms start a 393.00 yowsa, not my pocket book.. it is really a stunning place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. Good for you for putting aside your fears and giving it a try again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photographs Ruth. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! The scenery (and your photos) is spectacular. I think I can work up my courage to take the gondola to the top of the mountain for views like these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth, yes, I've enjoyed your trip! Glad you had such a great time! It's definitely a must for a bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never saw any of the mountain goats! Cool! I thought The Hotel there was lovely and back when we were there, they had small cabins spotted around that you could rent. We got a light snow on us when we were camping at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such breathtaking photos, Ruth! It is a dream of mine to go out west and see those mountains some day...definitely on my bucket list! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you took lots & lots of pictures! It's it fun to look at them later & then to try to decide which ones to post? So happy for digital cameras & editing programs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your courage was well rewarded with these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos of your trip to Banff! We've drove through the Canadian Rockies on the Alcan, and although we didn't stop at Banff, the mountain views are spectacular. I've looked back through your photos of your trip, and it looks like you had a wonderful time as well as getting some lovely photos. Taking this trip with you and her dad are something Kai will remember all her life. Glad you had the courage to take that ride to the top. It would make me tremble too, but you've encouraged me to do it if we make it to Banff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah---how marvelous... You know that we want to do that ---so hopefully, you will be willing to do it again!!!!! GORGEOUS.....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so beautiful. I am so sorry that I missed that when we were there in 2012. I would have loved to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! How wonderful for you and I congratulate you for stepping out of your comfort zone to ride the gondola to the top. What breathtaking views. And that mountain goat is quite majestic.

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm impressed that you agreed to ride to the top. I'm afraid of heights too! But I can see the view was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with you on heights! Jeep pulled a deal like that on me in the much lower Smokie mountains. Like you, I 'bit to bullet' and rode it with him. Your pictures are gorgeous! I've always dreamed of going there! Glad you got to go again! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you were able to conquer your fear. Your granddaughter must have been proud of you, let alone your son. At the risk of repeating myself over and over, your pictures are most beautiful. You have shown me scenes I would never otherwise see. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. First of all.....I am proud of you for your bravery!!! I'm not fond of heights myself! Oh my....the views are stunning, and I actually went directly to the Banff Springs hotel...Totally awesome!! Prices....too high for my budget, but I would sure enjoy spending a week or so there... Love all the photos...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the trip to a place I have always wanted to see...and thanks for braving the gondola...I would be the one on the bottom looking up with my telephoto lens!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness....breathtaking seems such a trivial word to all this beauty! Just look at this....awe inspiring Ruth, awe inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back as Hootin' Anni, and wanted to return to send along my thanks to you for visiting with me.

      Delete
  22. Breathtaking is the right word for these beautiful scenery! How brave we can get when it comes to kids and gkids! Glad you enjoyed the gondola

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth