Thursday, September 10, 2015

Yellow and Gold

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
We have all heard this saying and I know that it is very true. I sometimes see beauty where others would walk right on by.
I live in a farming community and so seeing endless fields of a variety of crops is not unusual.
What is unusual,or at least,has changed since I started pursuing photography,is that I see more beauty in these crops than I did before.


A field of sunflowers is an amazing sight. If one flower is pretty,more are better.


Getting a little closer to the flowers. The colors are rich and in time the resulting seeds will generate cooking oil or bird feed,depending on what variety of seeds were planted.


Goldenrod,you either love it or hate it. Some people have allergies which do not allow them to enjoy this pretty flower,but thankfully,I am not one of those people.


A field of ripening grain is gorgeous. I think this is wheat,but please correct me if I'm wrong. I am not a farmer,just live in a farming community.


A closer look at one of the heads of grain. In time this will be turned into food for our people.

Rolling hills all covered with grain which will in turn be turned into food of some sort.
I may not be a farmer.but I sure am thankful for the men and women who spend long hours on the fields so that I can purchase the foods I enjoy.



Closing Thought:
We are all a little broken,but the last time I checked
broken crayons still color.

21 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the beauty you find around you with us through your gorgeous photos. I really like your pictures of the heads of wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Ruth! You captured those sunflowers at just the perfect time of day for this dramatic lighting! I love discovering the beauty where others hadn't found it yet :) A wonderful post, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that crayon comment and i love the field of grain... the grain is every bit as pretty as the colorful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah----love your closing thought... Even US broken crayons can still color... Love it... Love the photos also--especially the sunflowers... My son posted something recently on FB saying that they are harvesting their sunflower seeds for the birds --and for next years sunflowers.... Neat, huh????? Great post. We are all ready for AUTUMN.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos Ruth. One of our favorite things to see in Spain when we lived there early 70's, was the fields of sunflowers. One time we even saw a widowed Spanish lady (dressed all in black) riding a donkey through a field of them.

    Love that quote you ended with.

    Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sunflower photos are truly lovely. I'm like you...not a farmer...just live in a farming community. And I, too, love to see fields of golden wheat waving in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are beautiful! I am also finding that over the years and since I have been into photography that my appreciation for nature grows and grows, There is something about looking through the lens of a camera that makes everything clearer and more detailed, so I get what you are saying. Beautiful post and beautiful words Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth, beautiful images! I'm very partial to the Sunflowers. We have a couple in our yard, but nothing like that. I'm always overjoyed to see a field of them! The Goldenrod was my mothers favourite when I was a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all the rich colors. so fall. love sunflowers. happy shots! thx! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos!! I love sunflowers - they seem like they are smiling. : )
    Thank you for all your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nature is the best model in the world for sharing wonderful sights.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots of the vast fields filled with grain. Sunflowers are amazing as well. They are such uplifting flowers, in both ways :)

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Loved the closing thought too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sunny photo's Ruth. I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful sunny photo's Ruth. I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful post, Ruth! I love all your yellows and golds. Your photos speak of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do so love a crop of sunflowers! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful to see areas of colour to feast the eyes on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the macro of the wheat shaft! And the sunflowers?!!! Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, these are amazing! Love the colorful sunflowers, but the wheat really steals my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth