Saturday, October 31, 2015

Birds and Animals of Fall

Summer has passed and fall is slowly fading into winter.
Many birds have left this area for warmer homes down south,but some still remain to bring us pleasure.

 I love the simple little Dark-eyed Junco.They may not have brilliant color or even a memorable song,but they bring joy to the fall and winter landscape.

As our summer birds travel south,so do the Snowy Owls.The only difference is that they spend their summers up north and then move into our area for winter.
This is the first Snowy Owl of the season for me. It was a rather windy day,as is evidenced by the out of place feathers.


Toward the middle to end of October the White-tailed Deer become more active.
These were two fawns that had been grazing with Mom,but felt the need to move on when I stopped to get their picture.


This doe paused long enough for me to get several shots.She had no reason to be afraid,as I was shooting with a camera only.Hunting season is upon us and that means the deer become more cautious,and rightly so.


I noticed this deer way out in the field and liked the way that the sun was highlighting it's back.A perfect picture this is not,but it is one I happen to like.


Closing Thought:
The person who has stopped being thankful has fallen asleep in life.
Robert Louis Stevenson

18 comments:

  1. beautiful deer and winter birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful that you find -- and share -- the beauty of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, I love that photo of the deer silhouetted by the sun. It's a beautiful instant in time. I wish I could see/photograph a snowy owl. One time, I "think" an owl landed on my deck rail and then flew away, but it was all so fast, I can't be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never get tired of looking at the beautiful deer and birds. This is a beatiful post, Ruth. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are always wonderful, even the ones you don't think are perfect.

    Happy November dear Ruth.

    You are loved ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowy owl....be still my heart!! What a treasure to see...and on top of that get a photo. The Junco too!!

    Love the deer.

    Great photos...cherished your closing thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post, Ruth... I also love that last one with the sun on the deer's back. PERFECT shot..... I also like your November blog look... I'm busy working on my changes --but keep running out of time to finish!!!! ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have only seen snowy owls here and on Montana Girl... i would love to see one. and all your junco pics are adorable. i have never seen them either. your header is beautiful and i am thinking it might be my favorite you have made... love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh ruth, i think you may have covered all of my favorites!!! i have never seen a snowy owl, my fingers are still crossed!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first picture is my favorite. He looks deep in though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ruth, You got a lot of detail in the shot of the Junco ,,, it is neat to see the first Snowy Owl ... deer are always interesting. All good shots but you may be surprised ... my favorite is the last one with the backlighting. The outline on the deer is so cool. Really enjoyed these photos and an excellent closing thought to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will always be thankful for God's beautiful nature and variety of birds and animals in placed on earth. Your images are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to see the snowy owl. Some friends have told me that there's one they see fairly frequently in the early spring, but I have yet to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Ruth......Hope this day finds you feeling GREAT! I love your closing thought....we have so very much to be thankful for! You have captured some beautiful pictures of wildlife.... It is always a thrill to see them out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love snowy owls but have only seen one when I was a child. Good capture. I also love the juncos.. they herald winter but they're so sweet to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so glad i am not asleep in life. great quote... would love 2 see 1 of those snowy owls n person. gorgeous ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! You've seen a snowy owl already!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruth, lovely images! I really like the Junko too! We have a bunch in the yard. Nice catch of the Snowy. Haven't heard if there are any down here yet. Will have to keep my eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth