Tuesday, December 8, 2015

PEACE

It is December,the month where all the talk is about Christmas.I love Christmas and all the festivities,but for just a few minutes,I invite you to step back and allow some peaceful nature scenes to calm your heart and mind. We can get so caught up in decorating,buying and preparing for Christmas that we forget the true meaning of this season.
Jesus was born and we really don't need to become stressed in order to celebrate His birth.


The following pictures were all taken around the middle of November.
As I step out of my east facing door in the early morning,this is what greets me.


A long ride to the Pembina Valley and I find a short piece of road which winds through a stand of trees.I just think this is pretty.It makes me smile when I get to this spot.


Now,let's sit at the lake and watch the sun set.That in itself is a peaceful thing to do.I love it when I can be there,either by myself or with a friend.


The water of the lake is calm and the clouds are perfectly reflected.Looking at a scene like this brings a calmness to my heart.



The setting sun creates an ever changing picture.Each moment different yet so beautiful and peaceful.

Closing thought from John 14:27,this is Jesus speaking,
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid
(John 14:27 NIV)

22 comments:

  1. Perfect Post for this busy season.. We all do need to stop and think about the REAL meaning of Christmas... Your photos are wonderful ---so PEACEFUL... Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth - I needed that right now, this evening, before I sign off for the day! If every day is like this one, it's going to be a long winter! Let there be peace on earth and let is begin with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos with us. You've done a magnificent job of capturing the true peace that we can all have through faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all long for peace & peace can come in various ways & I don't always recognize it. The Prince of Peace gives true & lasting peace. So thankful that Christ gives peace freely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos reflecting such peace and serenity. I love them all but #4 is my absolute favorite. Have a blessed day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear, dear Ruth ~ Thank you for your lovely photos along with peaceful thoughts about the King of Peace, Jesus our Savior.

    Happy, peace and love filled Christmas holidays ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the peace and the beauty shared with us, and created by God for you to share.. so much beauty and yet we try to make our own beauty inside. i much prefer this beauty over man made... those trees against the sky make my heart sing

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I read your post I heard a Canadian goose flying overhead! Peace. Such beautiful images and even more beautiful scripture. A wonderful way to start the day. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beautiful pictures are perfect images of peace and tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to be still and see the beauty around us. Those lake reflections are lovely. I also like that winding road through the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just what I needed today....Peace, calm and beautiful photographs....Thank you Ruth for reminding us we do need to be so busy to celebrate the birth of Jesus.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Between the torrential rains and wild winds we have had, and the fact that I have been ill (still am), I have not been able to go out and enjoy the creation of our world the Lord gifted to us. You are right to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, beautiful images! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, I feel better already. Thanks, Ruth. A beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blissful images Ruth and thanks for helping to calm us down and enjoy the good gifts that surround us in God's beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these words " Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful timely post Ruth. Loved your photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, you appreciate it all. I love watching the sun set, it may be my favorite tome of day!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. how did i miss this post? i was stopping by because i thought you usually put up a new post around this day? i thought. any who. hope your weekend is going well. big big hugs. take care. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is not meant to be a play on words at all...but, I must say, these photos are all HEAVENLY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth