Thursday, December 31, 2015

Remembering The Weekend in Nashville

One more look back at a highlight weekend that spanned 2014-2015

On December 29,2014,I climbed aboard an airliner for the first time in my life,yes I know,I don't have a very exciting life.On that day we were on our way to Nashville,Tennessee.Butterflies were abundant as the plane taxied out but I knew that I wanted to get to the destination,because there were all kinds of exciting things ahead.

A short time after our arrival in Nashville,my dear friends Betsy and George Adams picked us up at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel,our home for a few days,and took us to Cracker Barrel for supper.

What a thrill it was to finally meet these folks face to face.The time passed by much too quickly.
We really must meet again and hopefully soon.


I loved wandering through the Gaylord Hotel and capturing all the beauty.I have shown much of it before,so this is just a taste of what I enjoyed.The water was shimmering and so pretty.


The main reason my friend Gwen and I came here was to attend the New Year's Eve Celebrations with Legacy Five and other well loved groups.
Here are my friends Legacy Five singing one of my favourite,'It's a Grand and Glorious Feeling'.

New Year's Eve was highlighted by the Jubilee gang,The Booth Brothers,Greater Vision and Legacy Five,putting on a concert. This was taken during their rendition called,'Our 12 Days of Christmas',complete with their own unique props.


 I will share just one picture taken outside.The weather was beautiful,for a northerner like me.



15 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Nashville as much as we enjoyed seeing you there. I hope we can get you to come back one of these days and stay a little longer. We would love to show you eastern Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug and I connected with George and Betsy in Yellowstone in 2012. They're fun people, for sure. I'm so glad you were able to get to Nashville, not only to meet them, but to attend that celebration with those great gospel groups. Wishing you abundant blessings in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun visit for all!
    Happy, happy new year, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this was such a fun memory for you! Did you enjoy the airplane ride? Happy New Year, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful header, Ruth. This was a fun trip back with you. Happy New Year. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you much continued happiness, good health and prosperity for you new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those two you met always wear the same shirts. That is so precious.
    Glad you got to meet them during your stay in Tennessee. What a beautiful state to visit.
    Love the holly---so apropos for the season.

    Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. May 2026 be prosperous and the good dreams; a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great time! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ruth, Thanks for sharing the visit to Nashville again. Those fun trips sure deserve to be remembered. You created a really cool header for the New Year ... wow, it looks great. Wishing you a fine New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been quite a year for you and for making happy memories with friends. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year....Ruth. I look forward to seeing all of your interesting photos for the days ahead. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a wonderful trip for you to take, Ruth. It sounds like it's still as exciting for you to remember it as it was to actually be there. I wish you all the best in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooh ruth i totally get it, you don't have to fly on a plane to have an exciting life!!!! happy 2016, i hope the year is kind to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year to you and yours. Wishing you many new year blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't know how I missed this post.... I seem to function a day late and a dollar short these days!!!! SO BUSY!!!!! Oh Well---I have such great memories of our meeting in Nashville last year... I hope we meet again in Canada this coming summer....

    Glad you enjoyed 'our' area!!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth