Friday, December 4, 2015

Roses In December

God gave us memories so we could have roses in December.
This is the title of a book written by Marilyn Willett Heavilin.


I will not be quoting this book,but I do think the title fits with this post.
The book does say that memories are like roses in winter.

Memories can bring a glow of sunlight on even the darkest day.

As we remember our loved ones who are no longer with us and the happy times we had,we feel a certain sadness,yes,but also a joy that we were able to make these memories.

I think it is important to realize that we are making memories each day.
Let's make sure that many of them are happy memories.


As I look back on my life,I can truly say that I have a heart full of happy memories.
I can honestly say that,even though there are a few very sad and hard memories,the happy ones outweigh the bad by far.

As you go through each day,make happy memories,either for yourself or for others who will one day remember you. In this way you are preparing to enjoy roses even in December.

23 comments:

  1. All to the glory of God! Thanks Ruth! Beautiful roses to lighten up the darkest time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photos are so sharp and clear i feel like i can reach in and touch them. awesome photos. and the title of the book fits with my favoorite quote. photos are the pilot light of memories... we can never forget the roses when we look at the photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, look for and cherish the good to remember. I love your roses in December, Ruth. Your Header is also fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of a beautiful rose with wonderful heartfelt thoughts.

    This post brightened my heart. Thank you dear Ruth.

    Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful post Ruth, in every regard. A great reminder of how precious our relationships are and how beautiful we can make them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love orange flowers. They are so uplifting. Thank you for these gorgeous images.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God Bless You, my Friend. What an awesome post. You know how much i LOVE roses.... Those photos are GORGEOUS... AND--it's always good to be able to say that the good memories outweigh the bad ones for sure......

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. A tulry breathtaking show of gorgeous roses.My favorite. Memories is all we have sometimes. Hope I keep a mind to remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post, Ruth. I have seen that quote before and I love it...and your lovely roses are just stunning. What would we do without our memories??

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quotation at the beginning of this post is beautiful and a perfect accompaniment to your images. You've outdone yourself on these photos. The first and fourth are my special favorites, but they're all truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've captured these roses beautifully. The light is perfect. And roses in December are doubly precious -- just like memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have had that quote on a plaque for a few years. Love it. I feel that the memories are the rainbows in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely STUNNING rose images Ruth!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps....forgot to mention your header...that too is beautiful.

      Delete
  15. Hi Ruth, Beautiful pictures and thoughts! Also, your December header is just excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful thoughts and beautiful roses. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love roses and these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruth, beautiful, beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos representing your beautiful memories. The lighting and soft textures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How wonderful that your good memories out-weight the bad. You have such e a great attitude! And your photos are terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth