Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Winter Beauty

Winter is not over just yet. I am looking forward to spring,but while we still have winter,I will look for the beauty that this season holds.


Although there are no flowers blooming outside,I can still have  some color inside.My Amaryllis was lovely while it lasted.I am thankful for a camera so that I can capture that beauty and enjoy for years to come.


Back about the middle of December we had quite a good layer of snow.I decided not to remove the snow from my deck railing.I wanted to see how much would accumulate.You can see for yourself how tall that layer became.


Sunlight streaming through the evergreens and casting shadows on the snow,is a beautiful sight.


This is the kind of scene I do not get tired of,no matter how often I see it.


No frost on most of my windows this year,because I had new ones installed,but I found some frost on the single pane of the screen door.These are such intricate and delicate designs.

I think we need more snow,but I am reminded from God's Word that this too is in God's control.

He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’
and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour. ’
(Job 37:6 NIV)

19 comments:

  1. Bet you want your old windows back.... NOT!!!!! ha ha ha...... BUT--those frosty pictures are so neat!!!!! I love ALL of your winter pictures --and am thrilled to know someone who loves winter as much as I do.... Great post.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to say that you've gotten much more snow than we've had, but I will admit your photos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous sights with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of snow! It does make for stunning outdoors photos! The amaryllis flower is a delicate beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It truly is beautiful, Ruth. I love the look of fresh snow, so clean and sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent snow images with the sunlight filtering through the tree shadows!!
    And the amaryllis - not to rub it in or anything, but mine are planted outdoors...I see new shoots coming on them, they'll be blooming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your amaryllis is a beauty, especially in your winter weather.

    I always love the shadows on snow, such beautiful shades of blue and purple.

    Happy Valentine's week dear Ruth ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a very impressive build up on your railing, i am thinking i would like to throw a snowball through it to knock it down...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your winter is lovely to behold, Ruth. My Amaryllis is still blooming. Red and 9 blooms open so far with at least one to still open. Happy Valentine to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, your Amaryllis is beautiful! Lovely winter scenes too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the frost photos. So delicate and like tiny bits of glass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't decide which is more beautiful...the lovely bloom or the pristine snow. Glorious photos, all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your header.

    Mom always started these flowers indoors. Thank for helping me remember.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, Ruth. Your amaryllis is beautiful and so is your frost picture. You have a lot more snow than we have. We have none. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty, Ruth. Your amaryllis is beautiful and so is your frost picture. You have a lot more snow than we have. We have none. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos, the amaryllis is just gorgeous! I love the snow if my loved ones don't have to be out driving in it. I'm a big chicken, I guess. I loved snow when I was much younger and before I broke my ankle falling on ice. It makes me afraid now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. be still my heart....so many pretty scenes to look at!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous flower, and a joy to be able to see that at this time of year. Happy Valentine's to you and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your snow images, but the beauty of that Amaryllis steals the show today. Gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth