Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wildlife and the Not So Wildlife

Join me on a look back to August/September of 2014.The years change,but the beauty of nature remains the same. Some of these pictures may have appeared on this blog before,but I trust you will enjoy seeing them again,as I did.

An early morning walk at Lake Minniwasta was almost done and I had stopped to photograph some grasses highlighted by the sun.When I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye,I turned in that direction and this is what I saw.This was one of those special moments that almost takes your breath away.

On another day a visit to the English Gardens resulted in seeing more than flowers.On that particular day the little frogs were sitting in and one the waterlilies.


On a different day a drive through the streets of Winnipeg,resulted in this picture.At first I thought this was a very well painted concrete lawn ornament,until the 'ornament' moved its head. He looks very content  there.


I am not a farmer,nor do I have any desire to be one,but I do enjoy seeing some of the farm animals.I might add,as long as they are on the opposite side of the fence than I am.
I saw this horse on one of my many drives in rural Manitoba.

This Mama cow and her twins just caught my eye,as the sunshine lit them up so perfectly.

I hope you enjoyed this look back to 2014.We will likely do it again soon.

Closing Thought:
Pray not only because you need something,
but because you have a lot to be thankful for.

25 comments:

  1. Thanks fir sharing these beautiful memories of August/September with us. All of these photos are marvelous; I couldn't pick a favorite if I had to. The lighting in each is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of God's creatures are beautiful. Nice post, Ruth. I always think cows are such peaceful and kind creatures. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. nature and wildlife, there is nothing better!! beautiful images, i can never resist bambi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved every photo. horses and cows oh boy do i love them. and the deer and the frog would take away my breathe.. that frog pic is just gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not recall seeing these so they were new to me. All the animals shots are excellent. You do great work with your camera. Amen, to your closing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, lovely images of these wild things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I can really appreciate why that would take your breath away. How lucky are you. Great photos Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh---love seeing all of your pictures of the 'critters'.... Of course, the little fawn (with his spots) caught my eye... SO gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the light on the fawn and the cattle is just beautiful! Gorgeous shots, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The deer against the sunlit grasses is an amazing shot. And the frog in the water lily...beautiful. And I'm a horse lover from way back, so I obviously enjoyed the horse photo. Love that horse's markings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lighting is perfect in all the shots. I love the frog on the water Lily flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful shots! Yes, we often forget to pray just to give thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your pictures are so very beautiful. The lighting so fantastic. As you probably know I love all the farm animals. : )
    What a great saying that is!! We all really do have so much to be thankful for. Just a walk outside gives us so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ruth,
    these moments I know very well, you are excited and the blood pressure rises;-) and then not to forget another picture to this moment ...
    Great pictures
    Greetings from Germany
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so wonderful...such peaceful creatures, aren't they? Fabulous lighting...great photos, one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Each are such beautiful creature images, Ruth. But the first two.. perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, that wonderful frog is turning its back on you, but all the other animals are posing and giving you a stare!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ruth, Your closing prayer is wonderful and I enjoyed all the photos. And I sure agree with you about the farm animals ... enjoy seeing them but I don't want to be responsible for them. I'll leave that to the farmers and ranchers. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog! Wishing you a fine week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  19. enjoyed all of your beautiful photos....especially the deer as in was relaxing in the grass. Gods little creatures sure bring a lot of joy to all of us....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhhhhhhhhh, my. Incredibly beautiful. EACH and every ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the frog or was that a toad ... i am guessing toads are more lumpy & bumpy. ha. ha! ( :
    & the horse. enjoy the ears of the horse and deer. what sweet shots. so glad they sat still for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved the look back! I think it is a great idea to show some of our older photos. I like the cows!! and the deer, so pretty! Fun posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth