Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hodge Podge

I have titled this post,Hodge Podge for a good reason.The pictures are from a few years back and cover several seasons.


Sometimes we take pictures,because we know that in the end we will have a beautiful shot,one worthy of printing,but at other times we take those 'just for fun' shots.This one falls under the category of 'just for fun'. I know we should not spend too much time looking back,but sometimes it is fun to see what the road behind me looks like.

When the grass is covered with an early morning dew,I know just what I have to do. Those little 'diamonds' need to be photographed before the sun dries them up.


As the summer winds down in September,the Mountain Ash is loaded with clusters of red berries.These are pretty on the tree,but they also supply some of the birds with a good source of food.

At that time of year the grasses turn into these rich shades of brown.


Even though,right now we are looking forward to spring and the warm weather it brings,we can still expect some cool evenings.A cool evening is perfect for a bonfire and a chance to roast some hotdogs.


Whether it is cool,warm or even hot where you are,I hope you will do your part to make each day a good day.

20 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed your hodge podge. Your photos of the dew and autumn grass are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hodge podge was very interesting. My favourite would have to be the dew on the grass - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were interesting hodge podge photos! Love those mountain ash berries with their splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is good to share pictures taken some time back. Looks like you do what I do too - take lots of pictures, share 1 or two & save the rest to share another time as each one is from just a slightly different angle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos from the past dear Ruth.

    Those hot dogs roasting over the fire makes me start feeling ready for some breakfast and to get going on this Sunday.

    Have a lovely day and a great week ~ love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. you already know which photo will be my favorite.. FIRE i love FIRE and hotdogs to... great shot. love the grasses and diamonds and the looking back is really good, it has the road behind you not once but twice..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how neat... Love looking at them all. We do love to take pictures just for fun, don't we? AND---your bonfire and hotdogs made me wish to be camping or picnicking... I love a great bonfire. We used to all sit around the fire and tell ghost stories... SO many great memories...

    Great post, my Friend...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to "look back" at your photos, Ruth. Sometimes when I'm hiking and turn around to go back, I'm amazed at all I've missed. I hope you're not getting the snow that is continuing here in CO. It's wet, heavy, and deep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the red berries and the dew on the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth, great images! Hope your Spring is progressing. It's 26 C here this afternoon! Sometimes we really get spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the "Look Back" in the rear view mirror. And those hot dogs look so good that I could almost smell them cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely hodge lodge post of fun and beautiful photos! Have a lovely week, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun post. It just reminds me of summer. Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. i gotta ask if u don't like seafood, what's ur go 2 favorite foods? love the fire shot - pretty 2 me! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwwww, i love me a good weenie roast. brings back good memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The only way to eat hot dogs. : )
    Like the red berries.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the top photo and the fire! It is fun sometimes just to take photos for fun and not be so serious. I am trying to learn this fact!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and I see the world quite the same way, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmmmmmmmmmm, nothing tastes as good as a hot dog roasted on an open campfire.

    Enjoyed your hodgepodge Ruth. Very much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. O, I like the little 'diamonds'. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos, Ruth!
    http://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth