Thursday, April 21, 2016

This Old House and More

I am finally to the point of showing pictures taken this month.The days are getting warmer,for the most part and so it is fun to get out of town to see the countryside around us.
I may be living in a city,but I still love getting out closer to nature.

Earlier in April,a friend and I went for a long ride,just to see what we could see.No agenda,just drive and see what treasures we might come upon.One such treasure was this critter.I don't think he liked me very well,cause he is sticking his tongue out at me.


This old house was once home to some family.I am sure that those walls would have many stories to share,if walls could talk.I liked the old plow that stood at the driveway.

This is my kind of scene.A quiet stream and a blue sky with just the right amount of clouds to make it interesting.


Of course,I will never pass up on a chance to capture a Red-tailed Hawk in flight.This was taken the same day as the previous picture,but for this moment the clouds had drifted away.

Here is another Manitoba scene,slightly rolling hills,a stream and that ever beautiful sky.

Closing Thought:
Money can't buy happiness,
but it can buy you camera gear.
And that's pretty much the same thing.

I have to add a video hope you enjoy it.

20 comments:

  1. I do that sometimes - simply go for a drive into the countryside to see what I can see! Usually there are beautiful and interesting scenes along the way! Loved your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous countryside views and skies, Ruth! Even the cheeky cow makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love country drives! These are great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am listening to this old house as i type. i have not heard that in many years and the bad news is, i will have it in my head for days and will give that tune to bob... I LOVE that old house with the plow. it speaks to me, speaks to my heart.. so much beauty here and i love the money can't buy happiness... bring on the camera gear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Ruth..... I so enjoy seeing pictures of old houses and old barns. Love the cow picture and how you captured the little tongue sticking out. Hope you have a great day as you drive those little ones around. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like springtime in Manitoba. Nice captures, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy and I have t-shirts with your closing thought on them. I really like your beautiful Manitoba skies -- I hope we get to see them in person some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and I love many of the same things. I have been doing a lot of driving through the countryside lately and enjoying the beautiful spring scenery. The skies have been gorgeous and I have just enjoyed every mile so much. Getting closer to nature, even if by car, is just something I love to do as often as I can. I enjoyed your beautiful photos, Ruth. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love rides in the countryside too & looking & taking pictures of old homesteads. Oh, the stories these old places have to tell! I think it's about time for one of these rides!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful video ---and did you know that I bought us a t-shirt with that quote on it about a year or so ago? I need to pull those out this summer so that we can wear them again...

    That cow IS sticking out his tongue at you.... Did you tell him that that is bad manners? ha ha

    Love the stream, blue sky and clouds.. PERFECT.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A drive in the country is always a delight... and living in the country even more so. Love the photo of the bull!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the old house and the plow. what a fun drive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to laugh at your lasst words about happiness! Your potographs are all gorgeous. Like me,you love being out in nature adn photographing it and you do it so well. Have awonderful and peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice. What you've written about that old house is so touching!
    http://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.nl/2016/04/a-bit-scary.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. My sister that lives near here and I just take the day most Saturdays roaming the countrysides. I enjoy it from the traffic. So peaceful. How nice it would be if some of these old homes could talk.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth, wonderful images! From watching the weather, it seems like you are finally starting to get some Spring! It's been a rainy weekend here and kind of cool. But I guess, April showers and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruth, all such breathtaking photos. Nothing quite like being with nature. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ruth, All photos are good and the Red-tailed Hawk in flight is awesome! Wishing you a fine week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nothing like a ride in the country, to soothe your soul!! Beautiful skies and clouds, and a great flight shot!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth