Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Welcoming June with Flowers

May has slipped by ever so quickly and June is upon us.June is the month of roses and also the last month of my school year.This means 22 more days of bus driving in this school year.

I do not have roses in this post,but I do have a number of pretty flowers to share with you.
Each of these pictures show a flower or flowers that are currently blooming on my yard.
This first one is a Martha Washington Geranium.

Not a flower,but close-up of one of the Geranium leaves.


Another flower on the Martha Washington Geranium plant.I really like the brush strokes of color on these flowers.


Lastly I have a few pictures of  a pot of small Begonias.

The above color and the next one are in one pot and actually look quite nice together. I don't think I would have put these two colors together,but that is the way I bought them and it seems to work.

A second pot has the redder flowers.I like these plants,because they are so full of flowers that the leaves are barely visible.

Closing Thought:
Trying to find the words to describe nature's beauty is like trying to measure the moon with a yardstick.

14 comments:

  1. YES---it's hard to believe that JUNE is here... (I am behind on my blog updates for June....) Your new June Blog look and post is WONDERFUL. Love the flowers.. Those Geraniums are just gorgeous --especially when looking at them up close.,.. NEAT...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I never knew that geraniums could be so beautiful. Usually, they are not one of my favorite flowers. But you have changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love begonias, too, Ruth. And your Martha Washington geraniums are really pretty. I like those "brush strokes" of color myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, May certainly has passed quickly. The blooms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty....
    I have always liked the geranium scent. And mix it with dried rose petals and I like it even more, making a potpourri.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome pretty JUNE. let's be one that is not to hot and humid, please? have a great & happy one. love your blooms. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love that closing quote... so very true... and Martha Washington is just stunning. the flowers are like painted works of art.... now i have to go take a pick of bob's begonias, i think it is blooming in his plant hospital. i have killed many begonias in my life time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your header is exactly the colors I would have chosen to represent June, too. Beautiful fresh flowers. Happy June, Ruth. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous ruth!!! beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ruth! Beautiful floral shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of beauty in this post. 22 more days... Our school gets out tomorrow. Of course,we start back the middle of August. 😬

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful colors! It is so wonderful to have flowers blooming once again.

    Enjoy your summer, and thank you for your kind remarks on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful colors! It is so wonderful to have flowers blooming once again.

    Enjoy your summer, and thank you for your kind remarks on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth