Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Waterfowl

There are some scenes I photograph over and over again every year.Today's post has pictures like that.You may think that you have seen these pictures before,but I am quite sure you have not,at least not coming from my camera.One look will tell you that these are not taken yesterday,but earlier in spring. Bear with me,I will get into summer pictures soon.

St.Vital Park in Winnipeg is a good place to capture waterfowl images.
This Canada Goose was nesting right beside the path and on this day she had chosen to have the tree directly in front of her line of vision.By now,I'm sure her young ones are in the teenage stage.


How many pictures do I have of Wood Ducks? I can't answer that accurately,but I know that I have very many and God willing,I will take more when the opportunity presents itself.I think that the male of this species is spectacular and it looks like he might agree with me.


Another image I capture routinely at this park is one like this.Seeing the reflections of the trees in the rippled water is a pleasing sight to me.


Did I mention that I also have MANY images of the Ring-billed Gulls? These guys are fairly easy photo subjects since they will come to wherever the people are,hoping to get a handout.

Adding to my collection of Canada Goose photos is an ongoing thing.Once again,I really don';t even want to know how many pictures I have of these guys,but I keep on taking more.
Seeing them exercising those powerful wings is always worth a shutter click or two or more.

Closing Thought:
Look at the birds of the air:they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they
(Matthew 6:26 ESV)

18 comments:

  1. love those powerful wings. and the sweet mama goose, her feathers are so pretty and wonder why she faced the tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can really appreciate the wood ducks. they are so pretty. love the coloring too. i love your profile picture you shared on FB. you are too too cute!! love that face. i see you. those special kind eyes. you take care & have a fabulous week, darling. we don't use the word darling enough, do we? giggle. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth....all I can say, is....incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well worth taking all these photos as they are well worth sharing & enjoying! Super captures, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots Ruth! Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, wonderful images! Spring certainly brings out the best colours in the birds! They're all so bright and happy to have made it to another summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you keep taking pictures -- and sharing them with us. These are all marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Wood Duck and his reflection! So beautiful, painted by God.I have never seen a real live one. I also really like the goose stretching his wings. So this gull is flying to you for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic captures of these lovely creations! Perfect bible verse :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like seeing all your bird photos. We have none of these birds at high altitude. I often take similar photos too - especially in winter when my landscapes are white. I've started housecleaning the old photos - keeping some, but deleting a lot. I just don't have room to store so many!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always love your pictures, which are all AWESOME.... We have Canada Geese here --and they don't pay much attention to humans getting close to them... They certainly don't seem to be afraid...

    Love that 'wiggly water' reflection..... NEAT..

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always nice to see the waterfowl. Something about the birds that's always fascinating and beautiful. I'm glad you capture the wood duck. I think I told you how I've failed - they're so elusive and I, too, think they're beautiful. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. The painted duck has such an assortment of colors. Beautiful! Looks like someone painted him. Someone did, God. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you that shot of the wood duck and it's reflection is gorgeous. Also the gal in flight is a great shot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful series, Ruth! I love the Scripture at the end of your post, too. I am always amazed at how far our Canada geese travel. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful photos for 2016. This is my second serious year through the seasons with my camera and I had the same thoughts about repeats but everyone is a new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the Wood Duck picture. We often have them in the Spring when our valley behind us has water in it from the melted snow and spring rains. However, they are so far away, I can hardly get a picture of them, and never a good one....But they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth