Sunday, July 31, 2016

Amazing Backyard Beauty

This post is one I have been planning for quite a while.I am very excited to share with you an experience I had back in June of this year.
I had been asked by a friend to come and take some pictures of her yard.I agreed and as the day approached,I got a little nervous.I expected to see a carefully manicured lawn with a few well laid out flower beds.I knew it would be pretty,but was afraid that I couldn't do justice to her yard.
I still think that I did not do as well as I should have,but I thoroughly enjoyed my time on this yard.
I will not disclose the location or the name of this friend,in respect to her privacy.If any of my readers should recognize the yard,please refrain from disclosing this location or the names of the dear people who live here.
I walked up to the door of the home and was warmly greeted.The lady of the house,suggested that we go around the outside of the home and I could take pictures as I wanted to.
When we came around the corner of the house and I saw the back yard,I think my jaw must have dropped.I had no idea that this kind of,almost tropical,beauty could be seen right near my home.
I am sharing only a few of the over 100 pictures I took that evening. Please take the time to enjoy each picture and some of the beauty I experienced that day.







I hope you enjoyed this quick visit to a special garden.

I asked God for a flower,He gave me a bouquet.
I asked God for a minute,He gave me a day.
I asked God for love,He gave me His Son.

21 comments:

  1. Her yard looks like something out of a magazine. I love how it all looks so natural and that it is in a shaded area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her yard looks like something out of a magazine. I love how it all looks so natural and that it is in a shaded area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured this woodland garden beautifully. HE certainly gave you a bouquet to enjoy that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful retreat your friend has made in her own backyard. I'm sure pictures can't fully capture the loveliness, although yours have done a fine job of it. I especially loved the shot of the birdhouses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing amazing Garden I can't believe someone lives there. It looks like a botanical gardens that we would have to pay to see. I love the chair and the one with the bird houses both are amazing. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow---I would not have believed that those pictures came from a yard in your area of the country.. They do look SO tropical and shady... LOVE LOVE LOVE that yard.... That was neat getting an invitation to take pictures of that yard... I love ALL of it especially all of the HOSTAS... I grow Hostas here --so this post is special!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The garden is as beautiful and special as you said it would be. I didn't expect to see this type of garden in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are wonderful but I'm sure to see this in person would have been fantastic! Everything is lush with such interesting details tucked in here & there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful photos. I love them. And I also love the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thou did a good job on this beautiful garden Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! I am sure she loved your pictures. I think my favorite is the bird houses. Are those Hosta leaves? And the round purple leaves are amazing! This must take so much work! I hope you continue to show us more, and make it a series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your birdhouses, so cute. i love the poppy in your header shot. so lovely!! hope you are well this August 1!! blessings! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, great images! You did an excellent job! Come and take photos in our garden anytime you like!! Also the garden is very beautiful. Lots of Hostas. We have quite a few in our garden, so I'm a bit bias, but nonetheless they're very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful garden. You did a wonderful job with the photos.
    Love the chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful. It is like a chapel garden.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now this is exactly what I wish my back yard looked like. Get rid of all the weeds and grass, and just make a tropical paradise out of it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply put....Ruth, these are spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a beautiful garden your friend has created...and I'm certain that your photos have done it great justice! Love the quote at the end too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very lush and beautiful. I always feel so inspired when I see someones beautiful garden or home. Thanks for sharing, Ruth. Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth