Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Let's Go For a Ride

I invite you to join me as we drive around the country roads in my part of the world.Maybe the scenery is not grand and majestic,like a mountain scene,or laid back like an ocean shore,but I appreciate my little part of the world and I hope you will find some beauty in it as well.

We start out just a few blocks from my house.This is a set of tracks I cross every morning on my way to work.On this day,I was in my car and had my camera ready to capture this image.


We have a good number of White-tailed Deer around,but getting a decent picture is not that easy.This one was curious just long enough for me to one one shot.

I want to show you a place that I like to visit.It is just off the road and I can park the car and enjoy the view of the rolling pasture.Sometimes I am lucky enough to have some cattle to enhance the scene. 


Just beside where I was standing to take the previous picture is a large rock and a flag pole,proudly flying our Canadian Maple Leaf.I love my country,it may not be perfect,but it could be so much worse.

As we drive along,I may stop from time to time to capture a special photo of the grasses and the clouds.


You do know by now that I love clouds,so we stop frequently to get yet another shot.The grass filled meadow and the blue sky,dotted with clouds is just so pretty.

I am not a farmer,but I can appreciate a beautiful animal when I see one.This bull and cow look to be in a very healthy state,but with all that lush grass around the would have to be.


As we finish our ride in the countryside,we stop one more time to get this picture.The road leading off into the distance.Perhaps we can do this again soon.I enjoyed your company so much.


Closing Thought:
When God blesses us,He expects us to use those blessings to bless the lives of others.
Jim Gallery

28 comments:

  1. Lovely ride into your peaceful countryside! This is a beautiful country in which we live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, wonderful images! I think the prairie scenery is just as nice as the mountains, just different! As I love the mountains, I also love the prairies! And of course the cloud shots can be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fun ride and I didn't even need a ticket. The railroad promises things mysterious down the tracks. And I really like the white on white of the grasses against the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there. i think riding with you any where would be a true adventure. i love the blue sky/fence shot. gorgeous view!! so amazing! have a happy week. take care. ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will come here to comment on your comment, i was so excited to get the road runner. you have no idea. they are so fast. the one in Big Bend i was super happy to capture. it was a blast. have a cool day. ( :

      Delete
  5. Thanks for taking us along with you on your ride. While you may not have mountains -- or an ocean -- your countryside is beautiful and serene. You've captured it (and the sky) wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well my Friend, you blessed me tonight.... Love your pictures around the area where you live. For me (a mountain girl), I can't get over how FLAT everything is... Wooooo---amazing.... But--being in the flat areas makes getting great sky/sunrise/sunset pictures much easier!!!!! Yours are AWESOME.... Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tour! You live in such a beautiful place! It is quite like here. Lots of cow and deer. Some favorites are the sky and grass, your beautiful path to work, and the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't live in Plains. But on your tour I see how pretty it is, with grasses and who live there. Once again Thank you for showing me such pretty part of world.
    If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely are blessed to live in a beautiful part of the world and that's the secret - just being glad for what we have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You live in such a beautiful country and countryside. I really enjoyed this peaceful drive with you.

    Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the ride, Ruth. I especially enjoyed the company. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved the ride and views with you and would love to ride and see it for myself. skies are a favorite thing to watch for me to and over the cows is a wow.... i love cows, maybe more than blue skies...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, Ruth. Love that rolling pasture scene.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like these photos of your countryside. In my opinion, our ordinary worlds are often extraordinarily lovely. Like you, we just need the eyes to see the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I appreciate the differences in our country,Ruth. I'm with you. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, especially in this time of chaos. Your scenes are quite beautiful, and so different from where I live. Whatever view we find ourselves in front of, we need to breathe it in. Your sky is so wide and so blue. I really like the bull and the cow. I'm glad your grass is green too. Ours was quite crunchy until a recent rain. Most of our railroad tracks have been torn up. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ruth.... what a beautiful ride this was. so many beautiful views. God is awesome and I love seeing what he has created...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for taking me along on your "ride." I do too, love the pictures taken in the country of grass, cows & clouds. Also very thankful for our country, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your countryside is beautiful. There is so much beauty all over, not the same but different and it is all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ruth, I enjoyed all of these photos! Of course, you won't be surprised, I like the first one, with the tracks, best! I have a hunch that might be Jake's favorite too! :-) Do you see trains on those tracks often? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. just beautiful with the skies and greenery. big, healthy bull and cattle.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful imagery Ruth. I did so enjoy this journey with you and look forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth