Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Day at A Rocha

On a beautiful day in the middle of June,I had the privilege of taking a bus load of students and some parents to A Rocha in the Pembina Valley.This was a trip I was excited about.
I got to spend the day wandering around the premises by myself and enjoy the beauty there,and I got paid to do so.I figured that was a pretty good deal.
Of course my cameras came with me,so today I invite you to join me as we check out this place.

I will not even attempt to name the different flowers.I enjoyed them even though I didn't know the names,so I hope you can do the same.
     

As I have mentioned before,the gardens are mostly left to look very natural so sometimes the weeds/wildflowers are growing right alongside the cultivated plants.


On the spacious deck are several Hummingbird feeders.Seeing I was on the deck by myself,the birds came more readily.I took MANY pictures that day,but not all turned out right.I like this one,showing that brilliant gorget.


This flower has a very delicate look,which caught my attention.


I do believe this is in the Butterfly weed family,but I could be wrong.I liked the color and the tiny flowers as well.


The unfolding of a flower is as interesting as the fully opened blossom.


Even the delicate flowers of the grass are pretty.


This Yellow-tiger Swallowtail has lost one tail,but still looked healthy and was very active.


Every time I go to this place,I love to see this winding road through the trees.I don't know what it is,but it looks good to me.

The time came to leave this charming place and this is how I felt about it. Ha! Ha!


I hope you enjoyed your time at A Rocha as much as I did. Let's do it again.
Check out the following link to find out more about A Rocha,both in Canada and around the world.

23 comments:

  1. I can't imagine a better deal than to get paid to visit this gorgeous place. I love your flower photos, but the two pictures of the hummingbirds are absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place! You got some amazing photos. Love that pure white anemone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know what any of these flowers are either. But they are beautiful. Your hummer pics are my favorites. How on earth did you ever capture the one with his tongue out, wow! The first picture of the hummer is beautiful too! Just the way he is posing, and his beautiful neck. I hope you can go down that path one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a peaceful, lovely place to visit. Thanks for sharing. Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth, Your blog is such a pleasure! Thank you for sharing your visit to A Rocha. Let's definitely do it again! I am so with you on enjoying the flowers and not worrying about the names. I encounter that issue at every visit to the Dahlia garden and have decided enjoying the beauty is the main thing. Wishing you a fine weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous preserve... Hope the kids enjoyed it as much as you did... I too love to think about roads ahead of us--leading to WHO KNOWS WHERE.... I love to take those roads!!!!! Love the hummer pictures... Last one is FANTASTIC.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got to go there, Ruth. Your pictures are wonderful. I love the little hummingbirds and you captured them so well. Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to get paid to wander in all this beauty. so pretty, birds and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I could get hummingbird shots like yours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth your photos are so good! Fantastic to see the hummingbirds so clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it Ruth. Your photos are so nice and unique! Never seen that bird. I think is is very small?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruth, excellent! Of course you know I love Hummingbirds and Flowers. So you definitely scored big in my book! These are wonderful images. I'm glad you had a nice day there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers and what a great close up of the hummingbird.
    I'd love to walk around those gardens. I like a garden that is not perfect but kind of wild.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent photos Ruth. What a delightful garden that you got to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos. It looks like a great place to wander. I especially like the one where the hummer's tongue is out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful place to visit. The hummingbird in the last shot is absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  17. made me smile. :) love the hummingbird photos and i love grasses, too. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful photos Ruth. I live the last image, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I greatly respect the work that A Rocha does. We have a chapter nearby as well. The first flower is a Canada Anemone, one of my favourite wildflowers. I love the leaves on them too. Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the flowers, I enjoy them also without knowing all their names! The tiny beauty is so amazing but all were beautiful. The hummingbird looked dressed up. The butterfly was so pretty on the flower too.....beautiful trip

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful images, I especially love the hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my faves are the hummingbird & the butterfly. we went kayaking today and got to see so many of those butterflies just flying around like silly. i wonder what the occasion was? i was hoping that would land for me, to take a few shots. nope. oh well. it was fun to watch them. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous ruth!!! the image of the hummingbird is stunning!!! thanks, i needed this today!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth