Tuesday, August 23, 2016

On The Road To Red Deer

On July 5th,I left for Red Deer,Alberta together with three friends.Those who know me,know that I love Southern Gospel Music and the reason for this trip was to attend Canada's Gospel Music Celebration.
We took very little time to stop,except for fuel,meals and short breaks,so most of my pictures were taken through the window of the van and with my iPhone.No,I was not driving while taking pictures.
Warning: This post has more than my usual number of photos,so bear with me.

These pictures are in no particular order.I got a brief look at the Rocky Mountains.

One thing is certain,the ride was not boring.We had good conversation,great music to listen to and amazing views of the ever changing sky.

On our way home,at one point we even spotted this funnel cloud.It was a safe distance away,so all was well.

At one of our quick stops,I even got to capture a few photos of the Tumbleweeds in bloom.

The tinted windows of our vehicle give the skies a different color,but I still like the look.


The next four pictures show some of the interesting and varied skies we saw.





Now,just to prove that I was actually there,here are a few pictures of some of the groups we were blessed to hear and meet.
This first one is Triumphant Quartet.

Here are the Tribute Quartet.

Finally,Ernie Haase and Signature Sound.

It was a wonderful weekend and over too soon.I did miss some of the guys we have seen there before,but perhaps next year they will be there again.Yes the plans are already being made to go again in 2017.

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time and how nice that you got to meet the singers. : )
    Fabulous photos of the clouds and sky. Too hard to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what pretty photos on the trip. Wow a funnel cloud even. Glad you got to meet the singers. I grew up on Southern Gospel, The Cathedrals that Ernie came from, Vestal Goodman, The Florida Boys, The Gold City quartet....well I will stop boring you with my life in singings lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand why you are making plans to attend in 2017. It's a great tradition and a real blessing each time you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you had a great trip to Red Deer. Glad you will get to go again---hopefully for several more years...

    I learned something new from you. Had NO idea that tumbleweeds BLOOMED.... Holy Cow... That's NEAT.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you traveled through some beautiful country to hear great music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look like they all love you! Your pictures of the trip are superb! My favorite is the storm cloud with the distant rain. Also the tumbleweed. I had no idea they bloom! Actually, I never even knew they were a plant. I thought they were a big clump of weeds that rolled around! Feel free to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful trip, Ruth! Such amazing skies and views to the Rockies! Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those skies are spectacular, the blue the white the black all of them. wow.. and all with your phone.. my favorite sky shot is the power lines again the sky... so glad you got to go once again with friends to see your favorite groups. I like that you always get your photo with the groups. and always look so happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, fantastic images! I must say that storm cell certainly was a bit scary! Especially when it drops a funnel like that. The clouds across that region of our country are always spectacular.
    Glad you got to meet some of the "stars" of you shows! Sounds and looks like you enjoyed yourself! And that's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed your trip and did not end up like Dorothy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you enjoyed the trip and the wonderful music. The different cloud formations was tremendous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like all your photos. But that dangerous sky ... brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW!!! awesome clouds, i think you may have captured every type. gorgeous snap of the funnel cloud....and ruth you are beautiful, wonderful images of you, you look so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad you had a good time, but eek! that funnel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your beautiful photos♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like a great trip and that you had a wonderful time. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love watching storm clouds, so the second and 10th photos are my favorites of this bunch. They both have a lot of drama going on. Looks like you got to see some great groups. No Legacy Five this year?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a very pleasant trip, and well-worth the miles to attend the celebration!
    Love the cloud formations...and the funnel cloud....from your cellphone? Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you really are photogenic. gorgeous smile!! i love the storm clouds those are so great for pics. hope you are well this week Ruth. have a ball. blessings & hugs. ( :

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth