Sunday, September 4, 2016

Friends,Photos and Fun

I take you back to my first day of summer holidays.It is quite appropriate to post this now,since after two months of summer holidays,I head back to work on Tuesday,September 6.
On July 1,I had the privilege of spending the morning with some good friends of mine.Walter and his wife Sally,enjoy photography as much as I do,so spending time with them is very enjoyable.

We headed to the Kaleida Marshes and that proved to be a good choice.
I found myself more interested in the vegetation at the side of the road,than the birds which were a long distance from the shore.

A Thistle flower is always a beauty and the early morning light on this one,just added to the beauty.

Even before the flower is fully opened,the bud has so much detail on it.

The Red-winged Blackbird is much too far away for a good picture,but I really liked the reflection in this shot.


It was fairly early in the morning when we got to the marsh,so the grasses were covered with a heavy layer of dew.

These dew covered plants held my attention for quite a while,resulting in many pictures.

A small blue flower further enhanced the beauty.Each little hair of this plant was studded with dew drops that sparkled in the morning sunlight.


As you all know by now,I love reflections.Marsh water is dirty,but under the right light conditions,it is a lovely blue and reflects the reeds so well.


The flowery stems of grass draw me in and I must try again to capture their beauty.I have tried so often and many of those attempts have been deleted.This one turned out pretty good.


And just for good measure,here is another one that I am satisfied with.


I must add a picture of my friends busy getting those shots.

Closing Thought:
Life is full of opportunities to see God's hand in little things. Are you looking? ~ Charles R. Swindoll

25 comments:

  1. I'm seeing Gods little things too...love the dew. Glad you got a shot of your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun seeing all that you saw on this visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second thistle shot! And I'd be thrilled to have gotten that good a picture of the red-winged blackbird. I love how his wings are spread as he balances on the stem of grass. Let's face it...I love all of these...the grasses with the moisture droplets, the amazing colors you captured in the individual stems of grass, and friends sharing your love of photography. You kicked off your summer in a wonderful way. Wishing you safety as you return to bus driving on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, these are just splendid! The dew on the grass is a favorite. But my VERY favorite is the thistle bud!! Wow, you really captured an unnoticed beauty! I like thistles, and have some pictures to post myself. But they are nothing compared to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous shots, Ruth! The dew on the grass is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shots and it sounds like a great time! Those thistles are favorites of mine but ours have been gone since July. That quote from Chuck Swindoll is just perfect too. Happy first week of school and stay safe out there! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. All beautiful with a wonderful quote to go with them.

    Have a great first week back to work after your summer vacation.

    Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see such beauty in the little things your pictures share. Close ups are wonderful. The simplicity and beauty of the dew and the grass. Summer has gone too fast, but the beauty of the fall is ahead. Blessings for you as you return to work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the thistle is gorgeous, especially love the 2nd one and the water drops on the grass are so pretty. great shot of your friends... this makes me want to get out, but our summer is not over until November and I am waiting for cooler air.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it wonderful to meet up with good friends, especially those who enjoy Photography as much as you do? What a marvelous day you must have had... I love all of your pictures... The one which stood out the most today though was the reflections of the reeds in the water... Gorgeous!!!!

    Sorry you have to go back to work --but I do know that you enjoy it.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dew on the marsh grass is stunning. It all couldn't 'just happen'. To God be the glory; great things he has done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to be put with friends and all your photographs are great. Love the Thistle shot and as well as the reeds and their refections.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shots and I too like the red winged black birds reflection.
    I like the water drops too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth, wonderful images! That was a heavy dew alright! Downright wet! Looks like you had a nice day! Now it's back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the grasses! beautiful shots. good luck with this year's crew of kids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - those are some big lenses, Ruth. My own new little pancake seems like a toy in comparison. I think grasses are so difficult to photograph. Any breeze at all causes them to sway. You caught yours at just the right moment. I like your bejeweled dew-covered grasses, too. Have a good school year - your break seems to have gone by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I love the flower of thistle in the morningligt! And the drops on the grass. Thank you so much for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. those grass images made my heart go pitter patter!!!...the thistle, beautiful image, gorgeous color!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a lovely day,Ruth. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely shots of the flowers and grass.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the water droplet shots, so lovely. i enjoy the friends. do you get to chat often? photographer group would be fun to get to know or have. that would be fun!! i loved your bus shot today on Instagram. hope you have a great year. meeting lots of new friends and great times. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely photos. And it is so nice to see your travelling companions enjoying the photography with you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ruth, Wonderful shots! Wow, those macros are awesome! Your photography just gets better and better. Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth