Monday, October 17, 2016

Final Post from The International Peace Gardens

This will be the last post from these Gardens.
I do apologize for the number of photos,but I will keep my comments short so you don't have to spend all day on this post.

This is taken while standing on no-mans land.The little stream is on the border of the two countries,Canada and the United States.


One more shot of the dove of peace being released from these hands.


A turtle enjoying the surroundings.


This is at the display from 9/11


Looking at these beams and reflecting on that terrible day is very sobering.

Yes,these are beams pulled out of the rubble from the World Trade Center.Sad indeed.


These towers are known as the Peace towers.They have been a landmark at the Gardens for many years,but time has taken it's toll on them and they will be coming down. Apparently they will be replaced by another structure.


The next four photos show some of the beauty away from the garden area.You can see that I was there on a beautiful,calm day.I love the reflections.





Finally, another landmark of the Peace Gardens,the floral clock.Each year it is planted with different flowers,and each year it is beautiful.


Closing Thought:
Praise is the song of a soul set free.

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and a stunning garden. I have really enjoyed you showing us around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a gorgeous day. i love the views. so lovely. can you imagine the time and energy it takes to keep them in tip top shape? wow wee!! what fun and great exercise too. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, wonderful images! Some beauty, some sobering! Thank you for sharing the Peace Gardens. I have enjoyed your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the entire tour, but loved the last shot best of this group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect day for your visit Ruth. I've enjoyed all the photos. I wonder if that turtle is Canadian or American?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A touching tribute.

    "Praise is the song of a soul set free."

    This makes me sing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, well, Peaceful! And beautiful! I love the clock, that and the turtle are my favorites. The poor beams are heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pictures are fabulous. Love the turtle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Ruth for sharing this beautiful garden spot with us! Excellent photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certainly enjoyed this visit with you Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Ruth. The 9/11 memorial is thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the dove is amazing. I love it. the garden is so pretty. your photos of the turtle is a piece of art. love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked what Robin said..."some beautiful, some sobering." The clock is amazing...and beautiful. Thanks for this tour. You've done a great job of showing us this unique place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Ruth... beautiful pictures, and thought provoking words... I love the Peace Gardens and how they symbolize a lasting peace between our two countries, Canada and the US.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy seeing your photos. Looks like you enjoyed a wonderful day. The floral clock is so very pretty. Have a great day Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  16. when you visit gardens like these, it is so hard to limit what images you share. everything here is so beautiful and i don't mind a photo loaded post, in fact, i rather enjoy it. for me, less words, more visual is the way to go!!! i really enjoyed all of these entries, the 9/11 memorial is a difficult one. the dove release is gorgeous and your reflections are really stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful garden, favtastic reflections and I loved the Turtle image Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful garden! I love the flowers, the peace bird, the turtle even! Beams are so interesting even though so sad

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the tour, Ruth. It's a lovely place

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ruth, I really, really enjoyed your pictures from your visit to the International Peace Garden. As I mentioned earlier, I have been there many years ago. It is great to see how it looks today. I remember that flower clock and being so impressed by it. The 911 exhibit has been added since my visit and it is impressive. Thanks for sharing all your photography! Have a fine weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, and thanks for sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful palce just filled to the brim with photo ops! Beautiful photos, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful & interesting...a wonderful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I've heart of the International Peace Gardens but it wasn't until just now that I realized what they are. What a beautiful place to comemerate our friendship. Thank you for the lovely pictures, Ruth. Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth