Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Eagles Displaying

December 1st. seems like as good a day as any to share a special moment with my you,blogging friends.
On November 12,2016,I,together with my sister, went for a ride, ending up at the Pembina Valley.
We had not seen very much of interest up to that point, but that quickly changed.
I noticed several birds in the sky and as I got closer, realized that there were a number of Eagles up there.  I pulled over, jumped out of the car and started shooting.I gave instruction to my sister to count the birds.The final tally was at least 9 Eagles,of which several were adult Bald Eagles.

This is a sight that always gives me a thrill.


I realized very quickly that these birds were playing in the sky, at least that's what it seemed like.
There were also crows who thought they could tangle with an eagle.


I will allow you to scroll through the following pictures and enjoy the interaction between these majestic birds.


 At times they locked talons and tumbled through the air.


Only to separate and do some formation flying.


Peace was not yet to be as they eye each other again.


Attacking from above seemed a good idea.


Look carefully.There are two Eagles here, one on top of the other.


During all this action in the sky,I could hear them calling to each other.It was such a special thing to witness and photograph. I am pretty sure I had a smile on my face the whole time

Closing Thought:
As we are now in the Christmas season,I invite you join me in the following:
This year I want to look up and be refreshed anew by the true meaning of Christmas.

22 comments:

  1. Ruth, beautiful images! I think Eagles are very special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Beautiful sight. Glad you captured them Ruth. I have never seen eagles in the wild. Beautiful thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Ruth! What a treat that must have been! I've never seen behavior like that except on Nature shows or something similar. Your shots of the action are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ruth
    This is really stunning to watch such a proud animal and still get great photos .. a perfect day ...
    Greetings Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing sight that you found!! Could they have been in a mating dance, or two rival males? You did a really good job photographing it, it must have all been so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics of one of the most remarkable, beautiful birds ever created! And I loved how they wrestled, then soared together like a team... I also really enjoyed the details of the eagles that show up in the pics!

    Thank you Ruth for sharing your incredible gift of photography with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent! It's the word which came to mind as soon as I saw these awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fortunate to see the goings on of the eagles. Great shots, and I'm pretty sure you had a big smile on your face the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful action, Ruth. Such magnificent birds. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning views of the eagles for us and for you. I read that the antics are their mating rituals. our wildlife rescue person posted on FB last week. he showed to eagles with talons locked, laying in a driveway. he got a call to come help that the owner saw them in the driveway, he showed a photo of them. the rescue guy said I will come but just leave them and they should get unlocked. by the time he got there both were gone. I have never seen this until now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love eagles! Yes there was two if you looked close. When they dive it looks intimidating lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are absolutely fantastic. How wonderful to see this in person! Thanks for sharing photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW all these pictures of the eagles are truly awesome. What a great job of recording this special event. WOW. I am impressed.
    Yes, I join you celebrating the true meaning of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! amazing! I hope to run across eagles in the wild AND have my camera with me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, how amazing to see this and even more amazing to be able to photograph it. gorgeous captures ruth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ruth, This is a very special post with the wonderful pics of the eagles. You were blessed to see that and we are blessed that you shared it with us. Do you remember that I once mentioned on my blog that I have an eagle flying around my place from time to time and you commented that I better keep an eye on that eagle. I have been trying to do that but eagles are elusive! Yesterday, I saw one in the early afternoon and grabbed the camera, but alas, he/she was gone by the time I was ready to snap the shutter. I mention all that just to emphasize how wonderful it is that you got all these neat shots of eagles! Lastly, I join you in your closing thought! Thank you, Ruth, for sharing your blog and for all your kind comments on mine! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dancing in the sky.. and lucky you to catch it all. Fine captures, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am speechless! To see ONE WOULD make my heart soar...nine?-I'd be in 7th heaven.

    And let me know when you post yiur doubles photos! I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am speechless! To see ONE WOULD make my heart soar...nine?-I'd be in 7th heaven.

    And let me know when you post yiur doubles photos! I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW...what a great job you did capturing these Eagles in their mock battles!!! What kind of camera and lens do you have Ruth? I just sold my Canon 7D MKII and my 300mm f/4 prime lens...they just got too heavy to shoot with and carry. Now all I have is a Sony RX10 III bridge camera.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marvelous! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth