Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Pembina Valley In Early Fall

On this November day,I invite you to join me as we take a drive to the Pembina Valley.Yes,I know these pictures are not recent, but God's creation is beautiful at any time.

This is the view just as the road drops down into the valley. It doesn't look that steep, but I have walked up that incline and it is quite the climb.


On the prairies, this is a familiar scene in fall.


This past fall the fields seemed to yield lots of straw.These are large bales and there were many of them on this field.


Driving through the valley one just never knows what to expect.Two Bald Eagles in one tree is a special treat.Yes,they were far away but still it made for a good photo opportunity. I could have cropped in closer, but prefer to see the whole picture.


The Pembina River is not large, but this year we had enough rains that it remained full all year.


To me this is a peaceful scene.A herd of cattle on the distant hillside.I am reminded of the little chorus we used to sing in Sunday School.He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. 


Closing Thought:


            He owns the cattle on a thousand hills,
            The wealth in every mine;
            He owns the rivers and the rocks and rills,
            The sun and stars that shine.
            Wonderful riches, more than tongue can tell -
            He is my Father so they're mine as well;
            He owns the cattle on a thousand hills -
            I know that He will care for me. 

             

29 comments:

  1. Love the photos. All are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you shared these lovely scenes from your part of the world! Amazing to see two bald eagles just perched there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fortunate to be surrounded by such great beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that old song and it does look so peaceful, I can almost here the cows lowing in the background. my husband says if you want to know how steep a hill is try to rid a bicycle up one.... this one looks like that would be really hard to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, wonderful images! I sure like prairie shots! It's still in my blood! Those two eagles are fantastic. I never saw an eagle growing up in the Whiteshell. I'm certainly happy that they have made a come back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Fall pictures, Ruth! Love your closing thought, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the poem and am copying it for my church prayer line. And the pictures look like Little House On The Prairie. I expect Little Bit to come running up with her pigtails flying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful countryside and a wonderful old hymn of how great our God is at the end.

    Thank you dear Ruth ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so beautiful! I would love to see this place in person...you surely know this is my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures are lovely. It does look like quite a climb up the road. I hadn't heard the little hymn, but the words are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to mention how much I like the eagle shot. Oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally enjoyed this series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful photos. I always like to see the rolled hay pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Your autumn photos are wonderful Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely images of your valley. love the eagles. thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How neat to see two eagles together- I rarely see even one. Pretty images- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these peaceful scenes and the eagles are an awesome sight! Thanks for sharing the hymn, I don't remember hearing it before, but it sure is nice to read just now as I'm watching the US election returns!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The words at the bottom are beautiful. I love, love the hay bales and then you go and add the Eagles.....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are some huge bales! Love the eagles. We saw a pair of them in a tree when we were in the Smokies recently. It's always a thrill, isn't it? Kudos to you for walking up that incline! I'm not so sure I'd want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos, Ruth! I love the large hay bales and the eagle sin the trees.

    We were thrilled to see the part of Waterton Lakes in Alberta i=thsi summer where the prairies meet the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  22. so pretty...i always enjoy seeing the bales of hay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Peace and tranquility. I can feel the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The words bring comfort; the photographs brings peace. I hope you have a wonderful day....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful shots of the countryside and it was amazing to see 2 bald Eagles in that tree. Yes are used to sing that little chorus as well in Sunday School

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Ruth, I love your Closing Thought. I also love the openness and beauty of the Pembina Valley! Thanks for sharing your excellent photography. Have a fine weekend ahead. Best regards to you, Ruth, from Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  27. By the way, another wonderful new header for November! You are the best at creating a new header each month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth