Saturday, November 12, 2016

Simple Things That Make Me Smile

The simple things in life often bring the most joy.
I hope you will take a few minutes to look at some of the simple things in life that bring me joy and make me smile.


Coming home and seeing three falls leaves perfectly arranged, just waiting for me to snap a picture.Thank-you Lord for creating this scene for me.


A simple green leaf, but it brings a smile anyway.


Finding a Red-tailed Hawk willing to sit long enough for me to get a picture.


And then lifting off, giving me another chance at a shot.I love moments like that.

I find beauty in a clump of dead branches, overgrown with weeds/wildflowers.

One simple yellow weed/wildflower is enough to lift my spirits and brings a smile.


Going to the Pembina Valley almost always makes me smile.

Going there with my family brings added smiles.Kai is trying her hand at photographing wildflowers.


She later took this shot of the Pembina Valley.Her interest in photography and her skill at it definitely make me smile.


Watching her climb a roadside shale hill brings a smile.She is still a young girl and enjoys all of life.


Seeing father and daughter side by side capturing the beauty of nature, warms my heart and certainly makes me smile.



I trust that at least one or more of these scenes made you smile.

Closing Thought:
Today I just want to thank God for the gift of life.
No requests,no complaints,just thankful to be alive.

24 comments:

  1. Made me smile! The joys of life can be so simple, but definitely can lift heavy spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have red tail hawks here in North Idaho. On one my walks I resently took photo of leaves on ground.
    Came over from Hootin Annie. If you find the time stop in for a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these made me smile, especially the photos with Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They ALL made me smile! Especially seeing Kai; it has been so long. She has grown so much! The leaves in your first picture are beautiful with the green veins running through the yellow. They do looks like someone arranged them and put them there. Another favorite is the hawk taking off. Breathtaking! You have shown his great size and the beautiful detail of his wings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the hawk shots! Seeing Kai first squatting to get the flower picture and then climbing on the shale makes me realize how old I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these photos made me smile also! Each one I totally see why they make you smile....Seeing father and daughter together is priceless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, but when I see a hawk like that I always think of my chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just like you and your family Nature Calls to me and its beauty. I don't think Kai could have been anything but a photographer with the genetics she has from her family. She is beautiful and I can't believe how grown up she is now. All the photos are wonderful my favorite is the last of the two of them with their cameras

    ReplyDelete
  9. You captured the perfect shot in several of these photos, but my favorite is the last one with the two of them holding their cameras. Awesome!! How great for Kai to be learning to use the camera at an early age.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The simple things in life are much more important than bigger and better. With you talent with your camera, Kai will turn out just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT shot of the hawk taking off!

    "Thank-you Lord for creating this scene for me."

    This made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually I smiled at all of them. : )
    Wow great picture of the hawk. So clear and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see we enjoy a lot of the same things...we would make good traveling companions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth, they all made me smile! Very nice images! Seeing Gramma, Dad, and Granddaughter with a common interest makes me smile too! And I know it makes Grampa smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is beautiful in its time! Wonderful nature & family moments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely melt with envy on the hawk "exit"!! Wow...stunning.

    And, thank you for your kind words of condolence with my SIL's unexpected passing. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i enjoy that folks find enjoyment & fun in taking pics & being outdoors ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  18. Made me smile too. Great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm with you girl...it does't take much for me either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah Ruth...all of them made me smile! How wonderful that sweet Kai is learning skills from her dad AND her grandma! Her photo is just beautiful. We truly are kindred spirits because all of these thing have the same effect on me as well. This is such a great post.♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ruth, Your photos in this post definitely brought smiles to me and I appreciate that very much! I love the way you find the beauty in the simple scenes. I try to do that myself. God has given us so much beauty that is all around us and we simply need to stop and enjoy it. The picture of Kai and her dad is great! I also love your closing thought!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth