Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 in Review

At this time of year we hear a lot about the year in review. I decided to create my own version of this.
It comes as no surprise that I choose to look back with photos, so here are twelve pictures, one per month.

I was thrilled last January to be able to capture this scene.It was postcard perfect.
God creates such amazing beauty and it is my privilege to photograph at least some of it.


I had seen this old piano under a tree some time ago, but went back in February to capture yet another version of this.

March brought us some gorgeous sunrises.This is taken from my deck. With that kind of spectacular color,I didn't even mind the trees in the way.With each new sunrise,I think that God is saying,'I kept you through the night, now trust me with this day.'


Of course every month has some pretty sunsets, but this one taken in April really impressed me as being pretty.On the right hand side of the lake you can still see some ice.I'm sure it didn't last much longer, as the days started to warm up.



May,and it's time to get the gardens ready.My gardens consist of several pots of flowers.These Begonias were covered in blossoms when I bought them and they bloomed non-stop all summer.

Here is another  pretty sunset captured in the month of June. I marvel at each scene like this, knowing that the same God who created this, also cares for me.


July brought our area some violent storms.On one of those occasions, these Mammatus clouds formed after the storm had passed.I think they are beautiful. Even during these violent storms,God kept us safes no lives were lost.

 Driving around the country roads in August and I was able to capture this scene.Not a perfect shot, but I still like it.

September and the sun is beginning to set earlier, so I have more chances to get sunset scenes like this.Most of you will recognize the lake as Lake Minniwasta,a favourite place for me to capture sunsets.


October brings a distinct change in seasons.The trees put on their fall finery. Each year the display is different and this past year, we did not have super color.Having said that,I still found some color.

 A drive through the Pembina Valley is usually interesting,but on this day in November,I hit the jackpot.One Bald Eagle is fantastic, but to have nine of them circling in the sky, playing and calling, that was almost unbelievable.

 December rolls around and with it the Christmas excitement and also the end of another year.
We certainly had a  white Christmas,actually we had a blizzard on Christmas day.


 So that was a quick look at the year 2016 through my eyes and the lens of my camera.
God has given me many blessing this year, for which I am very thankful.
 I don't make New Year's resolutions, but the following are some worthy goals to strive for:

My Plan For Today and This Year:
-Count my blessings
-Let go of what I can’t control
-Pursue my purpose
-Share kindness
-Give love
-Pray for someone else. 




25 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ruth, for giving me the opportunity to journey with you on this review of 2016. You captured it well. Wishing you much daily joy and peace as you interact with those whom you knowingly or unknowingly impact. God bless & keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea, to post pictures from each past month! Your snow pictures are beautiful! They remind me of the snow references in Job. Storehouses of snow! Those clouds,WOW! I have heard of them, but never known anyone who has seen them. So strange! There is no end to God's creations! And all for US. Your deer picture is so sweet! You sure live in a beautiful place. Happy New Year, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful look back through the year in photos.
    Happy New Year and God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous review of your year! These are all stunners! Happy New Year, sweet friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the most beautiful 'year in review' that I have seen. You selected twelve gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Ruth. I like your take on God's message with the beautiful sunrise. Those Mammatus clouds are amazing. I don't think I've ever seen anything like those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ruth,
    These are all very nice pictures I would not choose for a favoriet ...
    All the best for the New Year
    Greetings Frank

    ReplyDelete
  8. your photos are amazing and I like each of them for a different reason. I love the piano under the tree and the sweet deer made me say awwwww.... I like that your years started and ended with gorgeous snow photo... I wish for you many photo moments in 2017 and am waiting to SEE what you SEE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Ruth.. God Bless YOu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh ruth, i don't know how you did it. all of your images are just gorgeous, how in the world did you narrow it down to 12 - i couldn't do it!! your snow images are always a favorite for me and your new header is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful review. As a pianist I would love to play under a tree in the wide open spaces, And knowing that piano has probably lived its life it still aches a little to see it abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pictures of NATURE throughout the years.... Amazing when I think about it: Life (and Nature) goes on from one year to the next --no matter what kind of personal situations we all may have in our own lives.... Thank God for THAT.

    Happy 2017...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. "...My Plan For Today and This Year:
    -Count my blessings
    -Let go of what I can’t control
    -Pursue my purpose
    -Share kindness
    -Give love
    -Pray for someone else. "

    These are wise words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth Yay! I made it to comment box! Been having trouble but then everything has changed since I was away from Bloglandia.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year! Love all your visits to Nature Trail, thank you!
    I love the photo of the Doe peeking out from the trees! How exciting to have been there! Love all your worthy goals! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I am glad you shared the pics....some wonderful sunsets here...and the sunrise is nice,too. Even with seeing eagles around here, just one or two or three occasionally, and one time up north of here we saw 5...but I have yet to hear one call. I would be so, so happy to hear one.

    Thank you for your visits and your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth, beautiful images! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! I hope that you will have a great year! I just know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the July sky most....but all are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ok, the most memorable is the piano in the snow? what? i wonder if it still works? i love your sun shots always, so lovely!! Happy New Year!! i sure hope it is a great one for so so many. big big hugs!! Beth ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing you God-inspired pictures. Wishing you many blessings in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved these!! God paints some awesome scenes for you to capture, Ruth, and you do it so beautifully. Thank you for sharing them with us, I always enjoy visiting your blog. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dag Ruth! I love your gorgeous Sunrise (third photo) and all the snow in photo 1 and 12. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So much beauty surrounds you......I'm so thankful that you are my friend and that you share all this beauty with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Spectacular photo review of your year, Ruth! You live ina beautiful place. The storm clouds were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your year in review pics especially the mammatus clouds and the deer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth