Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Joy to the World!

It is less than two weeks till Christmas day and there is busyness all around.
I invite you to take a few minutes and join me and my camera as we travel around my home area.


Let's start in my home with some flowers given to me by wonderful neighbours.These flowers were from last year's arrangement.


Southern Manitoba gets a fair amount of snow and usually with it come the winds.The wind carves the snow into drifts and all sorts of interesting patterns.


A heavy layer of hoar frost turns a simple patch of evergreens into Christmas card splendor.


A hoar frost coated tree against a blue Manitoba sky and the sight is breathtaking.

Back on my yard, the early morning sunlight streaming through the evergreens, casts dark shadows on the snow.This is a scene I don't ever get tired of seeing, and the best part is that I can see it from my dining room window.


To close,I share one more artistic creation made by the wind, but ultimately designed by God.


The words of Joy to the World are a perfect closing thought:
Joy to the world! The Lord is come.
 earth receive her King
Let every heart
Prepare Him room
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and heaven and nature sing

24 comments:

  1. So beautifulm your photos. Wish I could see your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the view from your dining room is amazing. just gorgeous. and I always love to see your snowdrift pics.. they are something I have never seen and will not see. lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  3. "less than two weeks till Christmas day"

    WHAT???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is truly a beautiful,awesome sight. You shared some very good ones. Glad tho we do not get much in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bursts of light through the trees and the 'bowl' of snow in the last is nice. Rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful wintry photos dear Ruth.

    Happy Christmas holidays for you and yours ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trees are heavily laden with snow. So beautiful! I don't see how you can get out in this though! Even though you are a professional driver. Does school close when it is like this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth, lovely winter scenes! I was out getting some winter shots today! We're in the deep freeze too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous winter photos with us. Winter is beautiful, especially when I can enjoy it through your photos while sitting by the fire. Thanks, too, for sharing 'Joy to the World'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular photos to show God's handiwork. : )
    The picture of the ever greens in the snow outside your window could have been taken out my back window. I see the same thing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh ruth, the snow is so pretty - your snow images are always my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post. Love your Christmas Header.... Gorgeous....

    Great choice of wintery pictures.... Wish we could get some snow this time of year... Neal said that they got snow. Guess we are just too far south!!!!!

    Thanks for making me smile...

    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peace and joy to you this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathtaking beauty! I can't wait for some beautiful snow...of course living where I live, I will no doubt have to wait...if we get any at all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much snow! We don't experience anything so dramatic! Loved these photos of snow laden trees and your view!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures and beautiful words to go with :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your header is so pretty, Ruth, and I love the snow scenes, they are beautiful! We've only had a wee bit of snow so far, but it's very cold. The weatherman is saying our temps will be in the minus column on Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sunlight & shadow's along with the frosted evergrees are my favorites. As you say...Christmas card perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such lovely neighbors to remember you with flowers, especially in winter when there is so little color in our world. Your wintry photos are beautiful, but now I need some hot cocoa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ruth, Wonderful post here. I love the perfect closing thought. Your photos are wonderful! I can see why you love that view from your living room ... wow! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. back for a second visit - your december header is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I love snow covered trees- have a blessed weekend and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Let earth receive her King! Your photos are a celebration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth