Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Some of My first Pictures

Join me as I take a look back into the archives.
I recently organized all my pictures, and in doing so,I got brief looks at all of them.
I was actually quite surprised at how good some of my first shots looked, so I will be sharing some of them. I may have posted some of these before, but hope you enjoy them the second time as well.

These pictures were taken during the summer of 2005.I had just got a camera a simple point and shoot.I think it was an Olympus.It had some zoom on it, but no telephoto lens.
This is the first ever Bald Eagle I was able to photograph.I was thrilled as could be to get this shot.


I should mention that all of the pictures in today's post were taken in the Whiteshell area of eastern Manitoba.
I've always enjoyed this shot.A small body of water beside the road was all it took for some fantastic reflections.


Jake and I had gone to the Whiteshell for a weekend.The place we stayed was across the road from this beautiful lake.The setting sun made for a lovely picture, in my opinion.


Of course, even back then, in my early photography days,I couldn't just take one picture of a sunset.


The next morning we were treated to mist over the water. This had a more subtle look but was still very pretty.


I will be showing more winter/snow scenes, but I will also keep on sharing some of my earlier pictures and some never before shared shots

Closing thought:
The following seems very appropriate:
God creates the beauty,
my camera and I are witnesses.
Mark Denman

20 comments:

  1. Wow they are beautiful. The eagle is my fav but the reflection one is so pretty also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! You would never know they were from a beginning photographer. I especially like the reflections, and he second sunset. The black and yellow is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote, really love it. I have often thought how much beauty I see after I got my first camera. we are witnesses to God's creation. your photos are beautiful out of your first camera. I can say I have never taken just one photo of anything, other than a bird that flew away. snap happy me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a wonderful photographer from the very beginning. Each of these is absolutely beautiful. I look forward to seeing more of your early photos, as well as your current winter pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each and every one of these images are beautifu; Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so much fun to go back and look at our old photos. I'm so glad you shared these. I love them all. Just recently, I was thinking through the digital cameras that I've had. It seems I average about three years to a camera. But I'm going on four years with my current one and hope to use it for many more years. I'll be looking forward to seeing more of yours from "the early years."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots! I always get so excited when I am editing and cropping my photos and even feel a sense of pride! There is something about capturing God's beautiful world to us that elates the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly lovely photos, Ruth and I'm glad you shared them! great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking back into the past at your photos. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth, your images bring back great memories! I grew up on the edge of the Whiteshell. It was a wonderful place to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...that first one came from your point-n-shoot? Wow! These are all wonderful, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are beautiful Ruth so you can only improve. the eagle is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even way back at the beginning of your photography journey you certainly had the eye for a wonderful photo. These are great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful photos, Ruth. I love seeing eagles and the warm glowing sun lighting up the skies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, I am glad you are showing some of your first since I only recently 'met' you...I don't have time to go back and look all through. But I do enjoy your photography. These are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my heart always aches just a little when you mention jake. i think of your love story. these images are really good ruth, especially for 2005. i too like the second one, there is something special about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredibly gorgeous for some of your 'first' photos. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, i enjoy your achieves so much. what fun!! my fave ... i will pick 2. #3 & #2. those the lighting is just loving. i went back to #2 'cause it has a grey or overcast kind of day ... but we tend to go kayaking on those days, it is not too sunny. i prefer the temp those days as well. hope you are well this week. love your post today. what fun! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's definitely a fabulous hobby at which you are excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth