Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Beauty of a Manitoba Winter

At the time of this writing Southern Manitoba is under a blowing snow advisory, which could reduce visibility and an extreme cold warning, with wind chills reaching to -40 to -45C.This sounds like a good reason to stay indoors and enjoy nature through the windows of my home. The following pictures were taken in December and I was actually outside to capture them.
These are all scenes that I can see from my windows.I don't ever want to take lightly the beauty that is right before my eyes. I will share some quotes I have found from a variety of sources.


 Not every day is a good day.
Live anyway.


Not all you love will love you back.
Love anyway.


Not everyone will tell you the truth.
Be honest anyway.


Not all deals are fair,
Play fair anyway.

This branch is weighed down by the weight of the snow.


Here is a different sort of picture.I stepped out of my door and saw this, turned around and got my camera so I could capture a decent picture. Without looking to the end of the post, can you guess what it is?

Closing Thought:
I pray you will have a day with more blessings than your heart can hold.




Now for the answer to the picture above.
The snow had built up on the deck railing and as the sun hit this snow it began to slowly melt, forming interesting shapes.Shapes that caught this photographers eyes.

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! My favorite is the third. I thought the snow was hanging over the edge of something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Manitoba winters are beautiful. I'm not sure I want to experience them in person, but your photos are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are beautiful photos of a huge amount of snow! and we make a big deal over a little ice in the South lol. That poor tree looks so weighed down but beautiful. I have never seen snow melt like that , neat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manitoba snowfall is way beyond what we ever have in N. Ireland! These are beautiful sights & special as it's not usual for me to witness this!
    I enjoyed reading those quotes too!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More beautiful photos with great thoughts to ponder as well.

    Happy winter in January ~ Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that first tree is so beautiful. And no I did not guess what the last photo was

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beauty! And your January header is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful images, Ruth. The first is my favorite, because you can tell the sun is shining. I really miss the sun in winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been taking photographs of snow as well, since we have been struck with our 4th storm! My mobility is limited so cannot go out in it with a walker, thus all shots are from my windows where I am warm inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures... You know how much I love snow. I love the snow clinging to pine/evergreen trees... BEAUTIFUL.... BUT--I cannot imagine winds like that and temperatures THAT low... Yipes.....

    Stay warm, my Friend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruth, wonderful winter scenes! But too cold! Too, too cold! We are at Minus 3 right now, and that is too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is COLD but sure makes for pretty snow pictures. The last picture looks like stuffing coming out of a pillow. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them all, and the quotes are great. To be honest, they remind me a lot of stuff Roger says.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth I love the snow photos! We had such a winter wonderland a few days ago but sadly the rain came and melted away my white world and left a brown dirty mess. I am doing the snow dance hoping for a Nordic look again to my world. My neighbor is heading to your Winterpeg" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, you certainly have cold winters and it certainly does lead to wonderful snow covered trees and scenery. The images are lovely and I do like the close-up of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. your snow pictures are always my favorites ruth!! braving the elements for awesome winter wonderland pictures is high on my list but i can get some pretty good pictures from indoors!!! i was not able to guess what the picture was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your beautiful pictures, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That does look soooo very cold.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks so clean and beautiful in the snow. It looks like a post card or Christmas card. I do love the saying under each photo and found them helpful and validating to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures. You are having quite the cold spell. We had the cold and snow last weekend, then it warmed up for 2 days, now we are back to the cold temps. Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds colder there than it is here. Stay warm, Ruth, and enjoy the winter. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos, Ruth. It must be an experience to live with prolonged temperatures well below freezing. I don't think I've ever felt the cold as low as you describe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth