Thursday, February 16, 2017

Remembering-----

Come with me as we step back to about 2005.By looking at these pictures,I would guess it must have been in the fall of the year. I am sharing them for no other reason than that I like them and the time spent getting these pictures was a happy time. Jake and I spent precious time together enjoying the beauty God has created.
To the best of my recollection, these pictures are all taken in the Assiniboine Forest in Winnipeg.I don't have a lot of details about the forest, but I do know that it is in Winnipeg and it is a lovely place to walk and enjoy nature.

A path like this is charming and makes me want to see what is around the next bend.


Some of the paths are narrower,but all are well maintained. 


I don't recall seeing many birds or other wildlife, but the walk through the forest was very enjoyable.


The fall colours add to the beauty of the scenes.Can't you almost smell that distinctive fall smell, even while looking at this picture?


Just so we don't forget that winter need not be over just yet,I will add a more recent shot. In my part of the world, we can get some very heavy snows in March,so although it is very pleasant now, we might well see more snow and even storms.This picture was taken a few years ago and shows the end of a branch on one of the evergreens, all coated with frost.

Life may not always give us what we want but through it all let these words be an encouragement:
So,amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.
(from the song Count Your blessings)

23 comments:

  1. My, that was a lovely walk! Thanks for sharing it. Now I'm ready to put my feet up and enjoy the rest of the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is certainly a beautiful place for a walk. Thanks for sharing these memories with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, Ruth...I so, so love these photos. And I like the words of encouragement, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special post. I have been spellbound by your pictures. They look like renaissance paintings to me. They are outstanding, and look like MORE than pictures. The end of the branch is amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty pics of the paths. yes we will make it through the winter but I can say that in Georgia easy as we are 70. I feel for yall

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always nice to look back at pictures. Your woodland images are really amazing. Love the paths through the forest.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these photos, the first three make me want to keep going to see what's at the end or around the corner.

    Fall colors are beautiful and the frost covered branches are beautiful.

    Count your blessings is a great old song, and I started singing it in my mind. Thanks for that lovely reminder.

    Have a lovely weekend dear Ruth ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. your frost photos are the best ever.. love that evergreen frosted. the second path calls to me, I would love to wander that path.. all are beautiful and I know they hold precious memories of you and Jake

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth...I always enjoy your nature photos. Brings so much Peace in just thinking about strolling down these pathways.... Have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful....I love the colors and the smells of the Fall season. I'm sure those pictures have brought back some very special memories for you too. God bless your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's nothing like the golds and bronzes of autumn and your photos are a pleasure to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the paths and trees are beautiful ruth but the memories are always the best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those paths look so inviting. They must bring back some wonderful memories of walks with Jake. My favorite in this set is the 4th, with the white tree trunks amidst the golden color of fall. The frosty evergreen branch is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely place to walk and feel God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful and peaceful place to walk. Nice that you have happy memories of being there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth, wonderful images! There is nothing like a walk through a forest in Manitoba in the Fall. All the smells and colours of fall, cooler temps and no skeeters! Fall was always my favourite time of year when I lived there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful photos of your walk in the forest. Love the birches against the fall colours. Oh yes, I know very well the lure of the "next bend"! Something that calls to me when out in the canoe in summertime ;) I do hope the end of winter is not too harsh.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Ruth for the photos and the spiritual lesson in it. I often sing that song in Dutch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ruth, I especially enjoyed this post because I love aspen trees. Your walk with Jake through those trees is just great! And, of course, Fall is my favorite time of year as well. Lastly, thank you for reminding us to count our blessings ... so true! Hope you have a great weekend, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stop in from Annie. Sure looks like a nice place to walk. If you find the time stop in for a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  21. would it not be awesome if you could just step into views ... these are just lovely Ruth!! so amazing!! i love the rich colors. I love fall times. so perfect. It has been a rough few months. i think it is time for God to allow us to breathe. I need a break. we need a break. lovely views like this enrich my soul. thank you kindly. tying to find blessings in the smallest of things. i know this too shall pass. we will endure. big big hugs!! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the evergreen snow "flower!"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the beautiful colors against the blue skies. And yes, I can distinctly smell the smells of autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth