Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Some of My Favourite Things

As we move ever closer to spring here in Southern Manitoba,I invite you to join me as I look back a number of years, to see what beauty we can find there. I have picked some of my favourite images from the past.
I will say up front, that I am not totally sure of who took all the pictures. Some were taken by me, some by Jake.

At this time of year,The Dark-eyed Juncos begin to show up. Obviously this picture was taken later in the year, as there is green grass to be seen.Right now that area is still covered with a thick layer of snow. I am fairly certain that this is one of my pictures.


The next two shots may well have been taken by Jake, but not necessarily, since I have tried my hand at this type of picture as well.


Again,both of these Tulip pictures would have been taken later in the year, perhaps May or but the beauty is timeless.


I know for certain that Jake got this picture. I also know the place. This was north of Portage La Prairie, at Delta Marsh. The terns were hovering like this just before diving into the water for food. I may be a little biased, but I do think Jake got a fantastic shot of this bird.


Guess what? I know that I took this shot.This is in Winnipeg,in the area called The Assiniboine Forest. This was our first visit to this place. I loved the paths and of course I love the man I was with, so I had to take his picture.Jake was unaware of the fact that I was getting him in the picture.

Closing Thought:
Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me,
I want people to know why I look this way.
I’ve travelled a long way, and some of the roads weren’t paved.

25 comments:

  1. Jake's picture of the tern is truly fantastic, but you got some great ones as well. I really like your picture of Jake hard at work along that path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! My favorite is the bird, and Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favorite things are MY favorite things also... Nothing better than beautiful flowers and sweet little birds of course.

    Love that shot of Jake.... That could easily be George getting the 'perfect' shot.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your favourite things. A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers, birds, country paths and being with the man you love! A sweet post dear Ruth. Jake's photo of the tern is wonderful. I love the photo you got of Jake also. 'Love is forever.'

    Happy upcoming spring ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some beautiful shots full of springtime memories. We have juncos all year round here. We see them most often in winter enjoying the birdseeds provided.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree 100 percent on the closing thought and the photo of Jake kneeling is priceless. the bird shot he took is AMAZING. and you have reminded me I have NO march header... love your GREEN and all the photos are magnificent whomever took them

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect presentation. I love the flowers. They are blooming much too soon in Texas. Weather all mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful pictures. Jake's picture of the tern is fantastic and really all your pictures are.
    A great closing thought too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ruth, Another GREAT header for March. You are absolutely the best at new headers each month! Enjoyed your photos in this post. My favorite (and it’s hard to choose) is the one with Jake on the trail up ahead. Love your Closing Thought! A great post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your closing thought - i am proud to have made it this far in life and i have no intention of trying to hide the wear and tear!!!

    the images here are beautiful, i love the juno, i did not see too many this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so nice to share in your memories. Photos are a gret way to remember those memories and they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous photos, Ruth. It is so wonderful that you both had/have such a love and wonderful eye to capture God's beauty...and to be able to share that as a couple! Love the closing thought! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos. The one if the tern is really nice, but I also like the one of Jake. Closing thoughts speak loudly to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, great images and great memories! Nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely photos and beautiful memories. Jake's shot of the tern is fantastic. And your shot of Jake is perfect. You captured him doing what he loved and in such a beautiful setting. The last line of your thought for the day really struck a chord with me. I may have to borrow that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice photos, Ruth. I enjoy looking back through my photos and remembering the fun taking them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your header, Ruth, and it makes me realize I need to change mine. Love the awesome shot of the bird and all the photos are so nice. Love the closing thought, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful photos both by you and those by Jake!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are some of my favorite things too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that quote it makes me laugh. Beautiful pictures, love the first one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thought your comment about the Juncos just arriving was interesting. They show up here when the first snow falls in the fall and leave when it melts in the spring. Since we have hardly had any snow since before Christmas, I thought maybe they had already left; however, we just had a little today, and there was one feeding at the bottom of our feeder.

    All your pictures are wonderful. I would sure love to catch a "bird in flight" like that someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is nice to look forward to spring, Ruth. Iknow we will probably get more snow before it arrives, but we will still enjoy many pleasant weather days in between.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Some of my favorite things too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth