Saturday, March 4, 2017

Birds,Birds,Birds

The photo opportunities are less around here during the winter months.Less,but certainly not boring.
As long as the birds show up at the feeder, there is excitement.
Here are some birds which I can count on to show up at the feeder daily.

The little Red-breasted Nuthatch is a delight to watch. These guys are quite comfortable with people around and allow me to get fairly close.All but one picture in this post taken through a dirty window so some of the spots may be suet flicked against the window,by the birds.

This is one picture not taken through a window. On a warmer day,I was standing on the deck and the Black-capped Chickadee came for a drink at the heated bird bath. The wind was ruffling his feathers a bit, but that didn't seem to bother him at all.


Another visit by the Nuthatch.I'm not sure if he was trying to tell me to put the camera down,or if he was just eating the suet.

The Chickadee posed just long enough for me to get this shot.He is sitting on top of a recently placed block of suet.


The Pileated Woodpecker also makes regular visits to the suet feeder.Here I got her picture before she came to the feeder. Compared to the diminutive Nuthatch and Chickadee,this bird is huge.

Some of these pictures have been posted to Facebook before.I was "test driving" a new camera, the Panasonic Lumix FZ2500. I am quite impressed with the quality of photos it produces.

Closing Thought:
What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.

25 comments:

  1. Such lovely creatures and great photos Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your header is so pretty. I love the Nuthatch with his beak wide open! Perhaps he is scolding a cat or something. And the chickadee on the birdbath...not only is the picture adorable and ruffled, I can see his bottom half and tiny feet in a perfect reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos with us. Winter is obviously not a quiet time around your feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bird pictures, Ruth... I love the Nuthatch. Yours are prettier than ours. Love that brown color they have.

    I saw a hawk today (looking for lunch).. Got a picture so I'll post it sometime.

    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning collection of bird photos. Lovely Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these are great and my favorite is the little chickadee at the birdbath. Just adorable and oh so sweet.

    Have a lovely Sunday dear Ruth and a great upcoming week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favorite is the sweetie on the heated birdbath.. so beautiful and for colorful the last one wins hands down. they are all so precious...

    ReplyDelete
  8. your through the window shots are really good, seems you get a lot of action!! have a happy sunday ruth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely selection of birds coming to your feeder Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent shots of the birds. Crisp and clear too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That woodpecker is on my list of one to photograph. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful captures...love the chickadee ones. Both them and the nuthatches are super shy here. Hard to even get a photo through the window.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an array of birds at your feeders must go a long way toward making winter less dreary. And I'm sure the birds appreciate the food. My favorite here is the chickadee on the block of suet, but they're all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The woodpecker is so pretty! A little chickadee is so cute. You did a great job test driving!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are super photos of the birds! Chickadees are just too cute!
    Your closing quote really made me stop and think! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty! You have some lovely visitors. Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it, Ruth. So pretty: the black-capped chickadee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruth, such beautiful birds you have! I've only seen that Woodpecker once. They are certainly in this area, but aren't seen much! We had a Nuthatch awhile ago, but nothing recent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the chick-a-dee shots. so cute. they are one of my faves, i love their tune. i love seeing Woody. i get excited when he visits my yard. saw him the other day. so pretty. happy march, love your March decor around here, so green. one of my favorite colors. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always enjoy your birds. The little chickadee with the wind blowing is comical. He looks like he has some puffy pantaloons. What do you do about the crows and ravens? I have hawks around here, too, so I loose a lot of birds, even loose Eurasian Collared Doves. It has been a hard winter and I know they're all hungry but it's still hard to clean up so many piles of little feathers. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. We get the same little guys, but not the pileated. We do see him up north though. That's a big bird to draw to your feeders, what a special treat! You got some beautiful shots of all three :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ruth, I think you will love your new FX2500 everyone who purchases one feels the same. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great work. Almost feel as tho I can touch the birds. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enjoyed your trip with the birds, loved the woodpecker. The camera is working great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth