Thursday, March 23, 2017

Relax and Enjoy

I hope that wherever you are you are enjoying the start of spring weather. It is a mild day here today and I'm loving it.Looking forward to many more days like it.
I have some pictures taken in the last month or so that I wish to share.


Yes, there is still snow on the ground, even as I'm typing this, but soon that will only be a memory.
This stone lying in one of my flower beds looked kind of interesting with the snow on it.

Mrs. Pileated has been a regular visitor to the suet at my window feeder. Yes,those spots are suet and other debris that the birds have flung onto the window. It will get cleaned once the temperatures are warmer, but until then, we put up with it.


The Black-capped Chickadee also enjoys the suet. Due to a camera that shoots multiple photos quite fast,I got this one in the act of eating.


Now,I must confess that I did not take this picture, although it was taken with my camera. Steve was sitting in the passenger seat as we drove through the Pembina Valley and asked me to stop so he could get this picture. I rather like it.


Now that is one grumpy looking bird, if ever I saw one. I hope this picture puts a smile on your face.


Closing Thought:
Stop every now and then. Just stop and enjoy.
Take a deep breath. Relax and take in the abundance of life.

23 comments:

  1. Super series of photos Ruth. I always enjoy seeing the birds in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of these fine fathered friends...and of course the others too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Pileated is a beautiful lady. pretty pics Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got wonderful portraits of the Pileated and Chickadee! Are those Birch Trees? How lovely! I do really love birch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all beautiful photos - love those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful shot of Mrs. Pileated. I like the angry-look shot, too. Steve has a good eye for what makes a good photograph. The shot of those trees is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots of the birds. The birds in my backyard have been liking the suet too.
    Great closing thoughts and that is one of the reasons I enjoy my morning walk so much. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Pileated looks like a twin to mine. They are so big and beautiful. I can't always see her, but I can hear her knocking/pecking when I am outside. She is apparently enjoying the many Ash trees that are dying around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the last 'bird with attitude' photo. just to funny. still smiling and I love the trees...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that last picture. I have a similar one of a Pileated looking at me just like that!!!!!!! ha ha

    Great pictures... I never thought of putting another package of suet on top of another with the top opened... I may have to try that sometime.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shots of the birds and the birches. Birch trees just beg to be photographed, don't you think?
    Thank you for your kind words of comfort on my blog, it's been a trying week.
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruth, great post! Love the birds, even the grumpy one! We are finally enjoying Spring. We figure it's at least a month late compared to the last couple of years. We are still getting lots of rain.
    There is something about a grove of Birches that really appeals to me! This one is very nice, thanks to Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bird shots!! I love them! The shot of the trees is good and would be superb if lightened a bit. Would give it more contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That last photo did produce a smile...and I like the shot not taken by you, too. One I would not have thought of taking. That first shot is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wonderful Ruth. I do always enjoy seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the pileated and chickadee, wow, you are a very lucky to have such beautiful birds in the yard!!!

    best closing thought!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dang....I am so jealous of you Ruth! A pileated woodpecker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That bird is on my life. If I ever see one [they're around Houston and Victoria - and up north more]...you will surely hear my screams fo joy.

    That rock under the snow looks like petrified wood!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You take such wonderful photos of the birds at your feeders, Ruth! I can never seem to be able to be fast enough to get good photos of birds. I love aspen trees and Steve's photos also made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the pileated! They are all around here. One comes to the feeder once in a while. They make the most noise when making a nest hole. We watched both the parents feed the young two years ago up at our lake nearby. Your post is so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Grumpy pileated did make me smile.....all your photos did. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  21. Grumpy birdie made me smile, too. Your photos are wonderful and I'd love to see a Pileated in my yard. I think the rock under the snow looks like wood. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth