Monday, April 17, 2017

Domestic and Wild Animals

I tend to post more bird pictures than other animals, so today I try to make up for that.
The first two photos are ones where I was glad to have a telephoto lens. I am a big chicken when it comes to large animals. I do think that they are beautiful, just don't make me get too close to them.

A leisurely drive along a familiar road, brought a sighting of a different sort. 
This big bull was standing in the perfect light of early evening and I thought he was rather handsome, as long as he stays on one side of the fence and I on the other.


Closer to the fence and the road, was another bull.This one has such curly hair on his head.He seemed inquisitive as to what I was doing.


Wild animals are the ones I get more photos of. During late winter the White-tailed Deer come out of the bushes, looking for any kind of food.They likely were finding some leftover sunflowers on this field.


Of course, when I stop the car, they immediately start to run away, so this is most often what I get.


Just west of my home town is a Bison farm.I find these animals quite fascinating,psossibly because they are enclosed in a very secure fence. Driving by there one day just about at sunset,I was able to capture this scene. I hope to get more shots of them and hopefully some of the young which will be born a little later.


Closing Thought:
The following thought applies to birds, flowers and even the animals:
Creation is filled with signs that point to the Creator.

17 comments:

  1. What a giant bull! I'm always amazed how big the cows are that graze along the fence lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, beautiful shots! I really like the Bison! I have yet to get a decent shot of one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This last bison picture is super, what an awesome silhouette! I do find that cows have curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curly topped bull. What a great photo of the bison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both bulls seemed to be checking you out. I love the way the deer flip their white tails into the air when alarmed. Nice captures, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The captures are really amazing. Love observing animals in their normal life and a zoom lens would be a must for me as well :D

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that buffalo pic... I am the opposite, I love 4 legs and fur over feathers. doesn't matter what the four legs are on. I would be petting the cows but NOT the bull, or the buffalo...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree with you about taking photos of large animals with a telephoto lens. Even at that a fence is a nice to have as well. I really like your photo of the bison.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see all your wonderful photos.
    The cows are pretty gentle animals I've come to realize even though they don't look it. I've had one lick my hand. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing photos of the BISON reminds me of our trips to Yellowstone.. (I'm ready to go back.)... We also ate a lot of BISON when we were in that area... Delicious....

    Great post. Love the deer with their white tails.
    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW!! amazing wildlife you have there - the white tails, beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your photos! I also love your quote: Creation is filled with signs that point to the Creator. That is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every day I see the beauty, promise and love of our Lord. Now we need to fight to keep it protected, the gifts he gave us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful creatures, awesome bull and majestic bison!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree completely with your closing thought.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love his curls! He does look intuitive. I don't know if I would trust a fence

    ReplyDelete
  17. My iPad froze.....he looks so big he could knock down any fence if he wanted to 😀. Gods creation is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth