Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Gulls to Geese

Warning: If you happen to not like birds, now is a good time to click away from this site.
I do hope you choose to stay a while as I share some of this spring's bird photos with you.
Yes,the first few pictures were taken when it was still quite cold and the water was frozen.


Where there is one gull there are more than likely more.They seem to like congregating in large flocks and making a lot of noise.There were not that many birds here but most often there are. Sometimes I wonder just what the 'talk' is all about. Since I am not a bird,I guess I'll never find out.


With careful aiming,I could get a picture of only one gull. I do think they are quite lovely in flight.

I know that this bird is always a thrill to watch and photograph. The majestic Bald Eagle is one of the most easily recognized birds and one most people like.


From one of our largest birds, to a small one. The Dark-eyed Junco is just plain cute.


Here is another bird, most everyone recognizes and also likes. The first Robin of spring is a most welcome sight and their song is beautiful.

A male Mallard is one of the more common ducks, but still one that causes me to raise the camera again and again. Is there ever a time when a photographer says, no,I've got enough pictures of that bird? I don't think so.

Spring brings back long V's of Canada Geese. Their well known honking means that spring is here.
They are also quite feisty in spring and skirmishes happen regularly. This one is just stretching those wings, but the remaining pictures tell a different story.


All is not peace and quiet in the goose world.

Lots of water and wings everywhere.

Stirring up the water.


Closing Thought:
It's never too soon to be kind. 

18 comments:

  1. Oh, Ruth, I never refuse to take a photo of a bird either, and love seeing them. Never tire of them.

    One of my sayings is Kindness never hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed bird-watching here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the Canada Geese all year round. This makes me wonder if you do, too? You must, since they are, after all, CANADA Geese. I love how when they are upset, they stick their heads down and make their necks curve. Just like in your second picture of them! They are certainly riled up! But my favorite is the first Canada Goose one, with the magnificent wing span. Sweet little Junco. We call them Snow Birds, because they only come in the cold winter. Go figure. Lovely Seagull shots, especially the first and second. i liike how his legs are hanging down as he lands. And the black wing tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, great images of the Spring birds. I love them all! You're right! I never tire of getting Mallards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An angry goose can be a force to be reckoned with, for sure! You got some really nice shots here. I absolutely love the one of the little junco.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure would like to hold that little junco in the palm of my hand, just adorable. love the geese scooting in the water. and talk about loud talking, I wonder what the geese are saying. this morning as we left the YMCA I heard a low quacking noise and looked down between the cars and was almost standing on Mr and Mrs Mallard, they were pecking away and chatting out loud.... we talked to them and warned them to be careful in the parking lot. when we got in the car, Bob said were we just TALKING to ducks? of course we were

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Ruth. I do like birds and you captured some awesome shots here. Love the water fowl. Your area has so many interesting birds..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photography of the birds & of those angry Canadian geese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could never get tired of seeing your photos of birds. I really like your sequence of the geese being feisty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great pictures of the geese in action.
    The mallard is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallo Ruth, I hope you have a nice day. I love your pics. The Dark-eyed Junco is my favorite because I haven't seen it before. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth, there is a great action shots of the Canada geese. I'm off to Amsterdam with my art group tonight so I'll be away for a little while. However, I have scheduled posts and for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The church i attend has a large pond and we always have a variety of ducks there and an occasional goose. Need to go photograph them again. If you quack at them they will come right to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to photograph birds and I hope to be able to capture an eagle in flight one day. We see all of these birds here except for the gull. He is beautiful in flight. The junco is only here during the winter months and most of the robins take off for warmer climates in winter. I loved this series of shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful! I love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, to catch a Bald Eagle in flight. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sea gulls always remind me of home. nice captures, pretty bald eagle!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I miss seeing and hearing sea gulls--there used to be many when I lived near the ocean. I ahve not see one in Colorado. Love your robin photo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth