Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Look Up!

Spring has arrived and so have many of the birds. The hawks and eagles are the first to make their way north and since I live fairly close to a major migratory path of these birds,I get to enjoy this every year.

Here is a beautiful Rough-legged Hawk.


I don't think this bird needs an introduction, but the mature Bald Eagle is a majestic sight each year.


What is better than one Bald Eagle? Two,of course.

No,not a hawk or an eagle, but some Canada Geese.These guys obviously came back a little early and the water was still frozen.


Not all things that fly in the sky can flap their wings or are birds. The joke at the Hawkwatch site is that this is a "Gas-hawk". I happened to like the looks of this plane in the blue sky. i wonder where it is headed.

Keep those eyes on the skies, you just might see something of interest.



Closing Thought:
Bless others and prepare to be blessed.
SaveSave

21 comments:

  1. A double shot of Bald Eagles! I have never ever seen one. The Rough Legged...I love the markings under his wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful captures of the hawk and the eagles! I like the "pastel" look of the picture of the geese. And the shot of the airplane is perfect. You couldn't have asked for a more cooperative sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Gas-hawk" made some pretty cool contrails in the sky! Ha ha! I like the bird shots. Hope to get some myself eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder who's on a plane when I see it flying up high. cool pics Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome captures! And that last one was HUGE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to your wonderful photos of the raptors -- and the planes and geese. Your photo of the two bald eagles is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bird pictures, and I especially love the "Gas Hawk".... ha ha

    Happy Easter.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always watching the sky! Great shots...

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous captures ruth and i LOVE your closing thought. i always look forward to that part of your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking up is the best thing, you sure found some beautiful birds, even a plane lol So Happy spring is here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your flying shots--I always like the messages in your posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The birds in flight are gorgoeus Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  13. super shot of the gas hawk, the sky is so blue and beautiful to

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely shots of the birds and that airplane is a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, great in flight shots, including the plane! I often look at planes going by, way up there, and wonder where they are going!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ruth, Sure enjoyed the photos of the hawk and the eagles. Thank you for getting out there and capturing those photos. The geese look like they have arrived a bit early :-) but I trust they will be OK. Neat photo of the jet and contrails too. Like you, when I see those jets I wonder where they are going. Thanks, as always, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ruth, I loved seeing your bald eagles and the hawk. Also that is a nice shot of the plane, too. Wishing you a very blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Even the gas hawk. Happy Easter Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy the bird migrtion, Ruth and have a beautiful blessed Easter. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too love looking at the sky. Wonderful captures Ruth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth