Thursday, May 11, 2017

His Eye Is On The Sparrow and Other Creatures Too

A variety of images fill this post.All are taken in early spring.This is a time of excitement as we see new life all around us. I will use the words of the song 'His Eye Is On The Sparrow' instead of my own.


Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,
                                                                                                      Brown Creeper.


When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,


For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.



“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,


And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;



Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;



His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.



Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,


I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;


His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

29 comments:

  1. Needed that song today - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Ruth! We need the Lord watching over us more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are fabulous! See how the little Brown Creeper is camouflaged! And the bird singing with his beak wide open, oh my! That may be my favorite. Maybe a Meadowlark? Your two sky pictures are beautiful, and such an unusual cluster of trees growing out of the water. But the singing bird has my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Brown Creeper camouflages quite well. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics, Ruth; and the words that accompanied them are perfect! I also love the singing bird.. and I'm 99% sure that's a meadow lark. But for you to get a picture of the bird while in song.. shows how talented you are at the art of photography! Thank you for sharing your gift with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful nature sights Ruth. I absolutely love the sunset in the end, and how tonally the images present a single unit. Lovely work as usual.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love this song.So beautiful, the song with its truths and the beautiful pictures of God's handiwork. Thank you Ruth. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So well done. I love this beautiful song, Ruth, and the pictures are wonderful. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always loved this old hymn and it fits your photos perfectly. love that creeper hiding on the tree and the singing bird is singing His eye is on ME

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very inspiring and wonderful post. Loved the way you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely words to go with beautiful images Ruth Sorry I have not commenting recently due to recent events but I appreciate all your post and also your comments on mind God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always enjoy your photos!! That little sparrow blends in so well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my faith is different than yours but oh how i enjoyed this. it doesn't matter really....

    the images are gorgeous, your spirit is lovely - i always feel your joyfulness!!!

    and those reflections, WoW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the beautiful pictures to go with the words of this wonderful song.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you had been hearing me today...you would know how I need to take these words to heart...beautiful words and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos and a great hymn for accompaniment. Special favorites here are the meadowlark and that fantastic closing shot of the sunset. I liked what Mersad said. I noticed the same thing, but without putting the thought into words.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what an excellent posting! I loved the creeper, they are hard to get a photo of Ruth! Your text is always so helpful and uplifting to me. The sunset is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much! LOVE your (Gods) words

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of my very favorite songs and one I sing to soothe my soul when I am soul weary.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ruth, excellent images and words! Nice to see things are starting to look like Spring. My Aunt told me they had frost the other night! We are having cool wet weather. Hope it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this hymn so much and these images have blessed my heart...especially the sparrow on the post praising God....WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A thoroughly wonderful & uplifting post, Ruth! A superb series of photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous shots! love the buffalo & the sun views. hope u r well, love the tune. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect combination making a super post. Always enjoy have you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh My----this one made me cry... "His Eye is on the Sparrow" was my sweet Mama's favorite hymn.... I miss her so much...

    Beautiful post....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth