Thursday, May 18, 2017

New Greens,Rain and Robins

Spring brings new life.I think that is why I love this season so much. Everywhere I look I see signs of life, where only a short time ago all was dull and barren. Yes,once again these pictures are from early May,so looking outside now, it looks much different.Green grass ,trees sporting new leaves and even flowers beginning to bloom, but for today, let's look at some early spring scenes.

On a short walk down the trail at Lake Minniwasta,I spied this new growth.It is so delicate and beautiful.


On my own yard, the Maple tree is just beginning to show new leaves.If you could see it today, it is full of lovely vibrant green leaves.I do like the looks of this new growth.


A drive home from Winnipeg with my family, called for a roadside stop, to get a few cloud shots. They only brought some rain, which is good, but they made for some good pictures.


One of the many reasons why I love being with Steve and Kai is that Steve sees the photo opportunities even quicker than I do and doesn't mind stopping for a picture.


Is there a bird that better signals the start of the spring season, than the Robin. I love seeing them.This one was sitting on my deck railing where he was coming to get raisins.


Closing Thought:
A God wise enough to create me and the world I live in is wise enough to watch out for me.  Philip Yancey

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots, every one Ruth...those skies look quite menacing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grass looks like a little tuft of hair on a baby's head! :)

    Who knew robins would eat raisins?? Learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your distant rain cloud and rain pictures are wonderful!! Another favorite is the sweet and brilliant mini maple leaf that is blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely blog today Ruth! I even like the dark rain clouds. I never thought of feeding raisins to the birds! Learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robins eat raisins? That's new to me!!! And it's beautiful...as are your rain shots and the new Spring growth. Spring is such a wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful photos of God's fantastic creation.

    Have a great weekend dear Ruth ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the new growth, both photos. I am wondering if you see the bird shots before Steve, when I went out with my bird loving photographer friend, I saw the sky and trees and looking down, she found all the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those clouds are amazing...it's always good to be with a fellow photographer. chuck has developed a great eye, and he is a huge help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very much enjoyed your photos from earlier in the month, and I look forward to seeing more photos from later in the month. The photos of the storm clouds are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU NEVER DISAPPOINT US WITH YOUR AWESOME SIGHTS. YOU DO VERY WELL CAPTURING THINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shot of the robin and those rain clouds made for spectacular sky shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I always say that Fall is my favorite season --but when Spring comes, I realize that all of this new life just brings me so much joy..... Yes--I do love Fall---but my heart adores SPRING.... Great set of pictures.... Can't wait to see more as Spring gets prettier and prettier.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nature is so wonderful for reminding us of our blessings and soothing our pains and worries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once spring starts it seems to blossom quickly.
    Love that robin shot. Yes, a sure sign of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, beautiful images! The storm clouds are deliciously ominous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that shot of the new growth on the maple tree. And the images of the approaching storm are wonderful. New growth and storms...they just sort of say "spring," don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your header first of all! I LOVE Spring too because of all the reasons and pictures you have here. New growth is so amazing. The clouds were ominous looking and worth the stop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Ruth, those cloud shots are absolutely awesome! I love the other shots, too... Sometimes I crack our bedroom window and every morn before it gets fully light there is a robin that just sings its little heart out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the quote! I love the photo of the Robin. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your photos are full of spring and moisture. Beautiful, Ruth. Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning Ruth. Great shot of the cloud with the rain coming through... my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh.. rainy weather(( but photos are great! Have a great week!
    xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. those clouds are very mysterious ... we had a thunderstorm this evening... here one moment gone the next. weather moments are fun to capture. i love the mossy shot. i love mossy ... has a mind of matter (whatever you wanna say?) of it's own to where it will grow? i know some say that it grows on the North side ... i think it does what it wishes. ( ;

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth