Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Special Month of June

June is upon us.This means that 2017 is about halfway through. June is an exciting month around here. It means the end of another school year and all the excitement that comes with that. It is also a special month, because MANY years ago, in the month of June a little girl was born, so she gets to celebrate her birthday this month. June is also a special month because the yards and gardens are filled with flowers, flowers of every color and each a delight to the eye.The flowers begin to appear in May and keep on coming for most of the summer. The pictures in this post are all taken in  May.

Morden is well known for it's many Ornamental Crab Apple trees. The fruit they bear is good only for birds to eat, but the show they put on in spring is amazing.

Not to be outdone, my apple tree, which bears very tasty fruit, was also covered with blossoms


I love these beautiful pink flowers and have taken many pictures of them this year.

With all the beautiful flowers around, even my granddaughter,Kai,got into the photography game. She picked up Steve's  camera and stated shooting.I took this with my camera.Kai is taking a picture and Dad is giving some guidance.


She later took my camera, which is a little lighter and easier for her to handle.
This is one of the pictures Kai got that day.I think she did an amazing job.


She also got this shot of some of the Periwinkle on my yard.


Closing Thought:
What better answers are there,

To prove God’s holy being.

Than the wonders all around us,

That are ours just for the seeing.

21 comments:

  1. Kai has definitely inherited the family talent for photography. All the pictures of the blossoms are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these beauties with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a good photographer! Taking after her grandmother. I think the crab apple trees are all so beautiful!! Every bit as pretty as the fancy blossoming trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her photos. She did a great job. I see a fellow photographer in the making there :) Your shots are wonderful as well. Such great colors.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  5. While your flowers are blossoming beautifully through June...with our heat most of ours shrink and wilt. Some anyway.

    Beautiful captures. The white flower photo she took is extraordinary. She'll have a talent throughout her life it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love crabapple blossoms...and all flowers really. Kai is doing a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The macros of the blossoms are simply gorgeous. I love it that Kai is becoming such a talented photographer in her own right. How could she help it? It's in her blood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. she did a super job with that macro flower, and all your blossoms are special. I know you are glad to see June come with green grass and growing things.. lots of good things in June up there

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, beautiful images! Including Kai's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe that photography helps us to learn to cherish the beauty and fragility of our world. I love seeing youth taking up a camera and learning to appreciate their surroundings and cherish it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your June header and this post.... YES---June is special... My friend, Ruth, was born in June!!!!! Yeah!

    My parents had a crab apple tree in their yard when I was young, at our home in Virginia. Mom made Crab Apple Jam/jelly... YUM....

    Great set of pictures. Kai is turning into a great photographer--like her Dad and Grandmother.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful blooms, indeed! I love that deep pink color of the crab apple blossoms. Kai is definitely a budding photographer, no doubt about it...she has great teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous blooms. Another great photographer in the family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful blooms! Kai did a great job...and I love her name. She looks like she's been bitten by the photography bug and I'm sure she'll get some wonderful advice from her family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolute gorgeous blooms and your granddaughter is a natural with the camera

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful! I think she takes after her grandmother! Y'all sure have talent

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is following in our footstep, but takes a lot time and skill. Point and shoot want work like that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. a photographer in the making. your blooms are all so beautiful. ours are almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Taking after her grandmother... that is just beautiful. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ruth, I admire the way you are able to come up with such a great new header each month! Love the pictures in this post. Wow, Kai is growing up so fast! Love to hear that she is getting into photography. How about a Kai's Photo Blog? :-) Yes, Kai did an amazing job on those pictures. I can't even pick a favorite here, they are all great! Congrats on this very nice post to start the month of June. I also want to thank you for your kind words on my blog ... I did leave a reply on the blog to your comment. Thank you so much. Take good care and have a fine weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The trees are gorgeous, especially with the beautiful blue sky for a background. Kia is getting so big, how nice that you all share a love for photography!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth