Friday, July 21, 2017

Canada's Gospel Music Celebration 2017

Ok,this is a just for fun post. I usually don't like featuring me ,but I happen to be on most of the pictures in this post, so feel free to move on to something else, if you wish to.
As many of you know,I love Southern Gospel Music and travel to Red Deer,Alberta every year to attend Canada's Gospel Music Celebration.Usually I would be taking pictures of the scenery as we travel, but this year I did all the driving so that was not an option, except for  a few times when we stopped.Those pictures are still waiting to be edited.
So for some shots of the fun variety

Matt Fouch of Legacy Five was in fine style the first night, even wearing his Canada socks.

I had to pose with him for a decent picture.I enjoy his bass singing and appreciate his friendliness.

 Can't leave out the rest of the Legacy Five guys.The fella in the checked jacket is relatively new to the groups is the one in the pink tie.
L-R,they are Scott Howard,baritone,Josh Feemster,tenor,Matt Fouch,bass,Josh Townsend,pianist and Scott Fowler,lead.
A finer group of guys would be hard to find.


My new buddy,Josh Townsend.This young man is only 19 years old but has experienced more in those 19 years than many people do in a lifetime.When the group releases the video of his testimony,I will share it, until then, just know that he was a blessing to all.


Couldn't find the other guys so we got a picture of the ones who were around at that moment.

I decided that I would get my picture taken with the bass singers, so here we go.
Pat Barker,has  a solo ministry and helps other groups as needed.

Eric Bennett,sings with Triumphant Quartet.
A great quartet and one I really enjoy.


Randy Byrd sings with the Mark Trammell Quartet.
Another good bunch of fellas and super talented, serving God with those talents.

You see four guys in this picture, but they are not a quartet. I do enjoy their singing, very much. This is Greater Vision and the man on the left,Gerald Wolfe,is their leader and pianist. Other members are L-R Chris Allman,Jon Epley and Rodney Griffin.


I had such an enjoyable week.We left home on Tuesday morning and took two days to get to Red Deer,than Thursday evening,Friday and Saturday all day we were at the festival.It was busy but so worth it. Great blessing from the music and the chapel services.I am ready to go back next year.
My travel companions were my friends Gwen and Susan.

20 comments:

  1. How nice to see all the pictures of you and the singers. Everyone looks so happy with great smiles.
    Glad you had a safe and happy trip. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, certainly looks like you had a good time! All those handsome men around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on going and doing as long as you can. Never know what the next day will bring. It appears you had a blast with all the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Ruth, I can feel your enthusiasm. What a fun time and what a great series of photos. You didn't let me down. You included a photo of you with Scott and Legacy Five.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very much snappy and fun pictures. All the men are beautiful. And I bet so talented. I love the socks and your big smiles. Beautiful header with the flag and pines and mountain background. And I DO enjoy seeing YOU at least once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you do this! great photos! I bet the music was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing the smiles on YOUR face since I know how much you enjoy that experience every year..... Thanks for sharing all of those handsome men... Why didn't you just snatch one up and take him home with you?????

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed seeing these pictures of you with some of the people you know and enjoy hearing. It sounds as if the festival was a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see the joy in your face and also in theirs that you wanted a picture with them... I like when you show us YOU, it helps me know you better. I don't like to post me either, but I do it anyway. there are blog friends I have KNOWN for 8 years and have never seen what they look like... it looks like you got a lot of blessings on this trip

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see that you were really having a good time and enjoyed being there with those talented guys. It sounds like a wonderful time with such great music. Loved seeing all your photos and all the smiles! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had a good time...it sounds like you are recharged!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what fun it looks like you had! Such memories. I remember you going last year....I like seeing you in the photos

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look wonderful ruth, very happy!! it's great to have fun travel companions, that share the same interests as you do. i was talking about you this morning, with the hubs. about how much i admire your get up and go spirit, that you are still working and your knowledge of computers and blogging!!

    i'm glad you had such a fun time, i knew you would!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful time for you, Ruth! I'm sure the singing was heavenly & such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww, you always look so pretty. i love those Canadian red socks. i bet you could use a pair of those!! neat-O!!! love them! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  17. Olá, gostei de passar por aqui e apreciar as belas fotos com sorrisos contagiantes.
    Continuação de boa semana,
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow..Nice and fun pic..
    Hope you enjoyed a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  19. This must be one to mark off on your bucket list- what a neat day for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth