Saturday, July 29, 2017

Things That Caught My Attention

So many things catch my attention as I drive along, some are worthy of a picture, others,on closer inspection, are best passed by.
Today I am sharing a collection of random photos that caught my attention and ones I hope you will enjoy as much as I did and still do.

A Thistle is so beautiful. The intricate details are clearly visible from bud to open flower and everywhere in between.


Sometimes it's a flower, sometimes a bird and sometimes it may be some clumps of shale on the side of the road. It is said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I don't claim that this is so beautiful, but it is at least interesting.Reminds me of a loaf of bread, sliced and ready to serve.


I know I have shown pictures like this before. I seem to be drawn to those plants which the farmers don't like. Foxtail grass is one such plant. I am not a farmer, but I can see that this grass would not be good for the cattle to eat, but it still has beauty.Those plumes of gently waving grass just look lovely to me



Yes, I still do love birds and also try to get pictures of them whenever I can.The Black Tern is most often seen in flight and they move fast so any picture I get makes me happy.


Those of you that follow me on FaceBook already know that I love cloud scenes.I am pretty sure I have also mentioned that a time or two here on the blog. Clouds don't fly away and most often I don't have to travel far to get pictures of them.


The unique structure of this cloud filled sky really caught my eye.


As the sun begins to set the sky changes yet again.This may not be the most spectacular sunset scene, ever,but I still like it

Thanks for once again joining me on my travels down southern Manitoba back roads.I hope we can do it again soon.

Closing Thought:
Oh Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder,
consider all the works Thy hands have made….
Then sings my soul….How great Thou art!

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful images, Ruth. I especially like the thistle shot and the one of the foxtail grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. alot of the same things catch my eye too

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Foxtail grass is gorgeous! That is my favorite, along with the tern flying with his beak open!! I really like thistles too, and yours is just gorgeous. I agree, the shale DOES look like a loaf of bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful and you are definitely a woman after my own heart! Thisles are one of my favorite things to see every summer. Gorgeous photos...and I love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right whether it be a bird, a piece of wood, or grass...so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. the bread and the thistle are tied for first place in my favorite list. that grass is a very close second. these are awesome finds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing how some of the things in life that we never noticed before we took pictures are just so beautiful????? Great post... Love that last sunset since I love seeing clouds like that.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You capture very beautiful images of things that interest you. The shale really does look like sliced bread -- wonderful find
    1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always find different textures in things I see. It is a world resplendent in beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Ruth. I am always taken with rock structures and scattered rocks. I don't know why, but I am touched by them, especially when you see a cliff and the layers of rock that make it up. It is definitely a "how great Thou art" moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful as all your photos are. I love clouds too, they are always changing.

    That is my husbands favorite hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I was a youngster, my dad used to call those Canadian Thistle, don't know if that's a true name or not, maybe you can enlighten me. That loaf of bread is cool...lol - I like it. What a find. And your grass seed heads, blowing the breeze, beautiful. Love the clouds/sky shots and of course the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, very nice images! I like them all! The shale is interesting in that it's all together in pieces of the whole on the side of the road. Must have shattered when a vehicle passed over it! You clouds are monumental! I too, really like dramatic skies, white or black! These are beauties! Hope you had a nice weekend! Temperature up to 37 forecast for this week. I think we'll be laying low! We're not sizzling weather fans!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Ruth, I tried to comment on this this morning from my tablet and it didn't work for some reason....I really love these. And that grass you call foxtail...I see it along the roads here and can never capture it in all its beauty. Just can never get the right angle and right light.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ruth, One thing (and there are many) I really enjoy about your photography is the way you capture the beauty of things … often things we take for granted and don’t pay much attention to. Good examples in this post: The clumps of shale on the side of the road. What a neat photo! And yes, it does look like sliced bread! Another example … the plumes of grass. Love that photo! And, lastly, the Closing Thought, so true, and, of course, the song is always a joy to hear. I recall George Beverly Shea singing that and bringing tears to my eyes! I believe I am lucky to have found your blog years ago! Thank you for your friendship, for sharing your blog, and for your kind comments on mine! Take good care and have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such a wonderful photographer, Ruth, and no matter what the subject is, it is always captured beautifully. I love the grass and thistle, the clouds are always a favorite with me. And your closing thought...I often pray while I'm driving and then I usually end up singing How Great Thou Art. I'll only sing in my car...believe me, no one wants to hear me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are indeed beautiful photos! Those clouds are super!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Ruth for sharing these beautiful pics with us! I loved all of them, and ending the blog with "How Great thou Art" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nature is a vast open and best book to read ,to learn and to ponder upon .
    it is learning through therapy and meditation.
    sensitive hearts hear the call of nature and receive the signal of enlightenment .
    you caught them beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i am so enjoying what you did notice. i can not believe that July is over. so wild!! nuts!! please make time slow down, would ya please. i bet you have connections, right? just kidding but seriously!! worked on the deck today ... got 4 splinters ... a big ouch!! but it is over and will be great for a few years, i hope??! have a great week. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Ruth, I tried to comment on this this morning from my tablet and it didn't work for some reason..


    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth