Saturday, October 14, 2017

More Minniwasta Trail Sights

For this post,I once again invite you to join me on a walk along the trail at Lake Minniwasta.
I have included a trail map at the end.I walked a very short part of this trail.I have marked the distance with red stars.
Also,from here on I will only include the words to an old hymn, written in 1844 by Henry Alford.
Canadians have officially celebrated Thanksgiving,but my friends in America only do so next month, but in my opinion, we should be thankful every day.

Come Ye Thankful People Come

Come, ye thankful people, come,
Raise the song of harvest home;


All is safely gathered in,
Ere the winter storms begin;


God our Maker doth provide
For our wants to be supplied;


Come to God’s own temple, come,
Raise the song of harvest home.


All the world is God’s own field,
Fruit unto His praise to yield;


Wheat and tares together sown,
Unto joy or sorrow grown;
First the blade, and then the ear,


Then the full corn shall appear:
Lord of harvest, grant that we
Wholesome grain and pure may be.


For the Lord our God shall come,
And shall take His harvest home;
From His field shall in that day
All offenses purge away;


Give His angels charge at last
In the fire the tares to cast;
But the fruitful ears to store
In His garner evermore.


Even so, Lord, quickly come,
Bring Thy final harvest home;


Gather Thou Thy people in,
Free from sorrow, free from sin,
There, forever purified,

  1. In Thy garner to abide;
    Come, with all Thine angels come,
    Raise the glorious harvest home.


Come Ye Thankful People Come

17 comments:

  1. A beautiful hymn with beautiful pictures to go along with the words. My favorite is the first one and I'd sure like to go walking down the trails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos to accompany the hymn. I certainly enjoyed your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH, another walk! How I love them! And we know the song, to, so I can think of it as I looks. I think my very favorite is the trail with the bent trees. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pics and a wonderful hymn to go along with it. The 2 go together very well. Praise God for the beauty of His creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Ruth. That first shot, with all the yellow in the trees, is gorgeous. Number 10 is another favorite. The trail just looks so inviting. Love that hymn, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the photos are spectacular, as I walked with you and read the song, tears started to trickle down my face. the words of the old hymn blessed my heart today. and we do need to be thankful every day. thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you enjoy walking here so much. Your photos are beautiful and are very appropriate for the words of that hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous place to walk... We are always looking for good trails like that since walking is our 'thing'.... So beautiful.... What is your temperature up there now? We had some cool temps on the mountains this past week --but it's WARM here at home. BUT---it's supposed to be changing this week.. .I'm ready for some cooler weather... Anxious to put a fire in the fireplace!!!!! ha

    Your pictures are beautiful and I love the hymn.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thankful for your walk and these beautiful fall photos, Ruth. Hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos. The one with the cury trunks look like they are dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O what is the nature nice in your area. Thank you so much for sharing this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved taking this walk with you and seeing what you see along the trail. Beautiful! And beautiful words. I try to be thankful each day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beauty Everywhere!! So many Blessings all around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth this is a beautiful trail! It looks very lush with greenery and flowers and beautiful fall colors. The hymn was perfect to hghlight the beauty of this place. I hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings to come in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your images are gorgeous, the landscapes are beautiful there in autumn. How far is the trail overall and the distance you were able to
    walk?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ruth, Not only did I enjoy the photos but I sure like the way you placed the words between the pictures. Such a nice, clean arrangement. Your blog is really looking great. I think the way you have things organized really helps communicate the spiritual message. And, as always, an excellent header for the month of October. Congratulations on an excellent post. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for your visits and kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth