Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Walking the Minniwasta Trail

Recently,I went for a walk along the shore of lake Minniwasta. It was a lovely fall day so I felt that a walk was in order. I  am so glad I did. I invite you to come along with me.The walk will be slow,as I make frequent stops to get more pictures.We may not get very far, but I trust you will enjoy this time spent in nature as much as I did.


 As I was about to start along the the trail,I noticed a few butterflies.I soon realized that there were many butterflies,I think these are Painted Lady Butterflies. Here is a shot with four in the field of view, but they were everywhere I looked.


As I looked around me I saw so much beauty. Just enough fall color to make for some wonderful scenes.


The trail is well groomed and quite easy to walk along.You can just see a little bit of the lake to the left.



Parts of the trail are like this, trees on either side and maybe a glimpse of the lake through the trees now and then. I love being out here in the morning, when not too many people use the trail.


Sometimes I want to capture the whole scene and at other times, it may be a single leaf that catches. my attention.


Later that day I headed out of town and was able to capture a harvest scene.It is even the right color of equipment.I was born to love John Deere and that has not changed. My Dad was a John Deere fan so that is what I became as well.

My closing thought today comes straight from my heart.
I am so thankful for the changing seasons and all the beauty which God creates for me to enjoy.
I'm also thankful that because of the internet,so I can share at least some of this with you ,my friends.
Thanks for doing me on this short walk.

16 comments:

  1. You just HAVE to take me for more walks! I cannot walk for more than maybe three of four minutes, so I cherish this. My favorites are the two of the trail! Next is the harvesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially love the butterflies. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to am thankful for the interent, how else would we see all this beauty. we can see every part of the world without traveling. the butterflies are amazing, wish i could have seen the whole flock, if that is what a group of butterflies is called. and loved seeing the farm scene. thanks for my fix of fall colors and your header is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your walk as we too love walking in God's creation and enjoying the beauty he has given us. Being in nature is so wonderful and you can see God's handy work and realize the order of His creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your walk with us and the beauty you saw. We too love waking in nature and enjoying the beauty of God's creation. In nature not only do we see the beauty He has given to us to enjoy, but we see the order to His creation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed every step of the way with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also came across some Painted Lady butterflies recently. They're beautiful, aren't they? It would have been a treat to see so many all in one place. That trail looks so inviting. I think my favorite today is the fourth one, with the trail winding through the trees. It looks like a painting I'd like to have on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if the butterflies were drinking moisture off the grass? Lovely walk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a beautiful place for a walk...I would have loved to walk it with you and take in all of those beautiful scenes. And my...those butterflies...what a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a wonderful place to take a walk. I'd sure enjoy it. Pretty fall scenes and what a great capture of all the butterflies.
    Wonderful closing thought and one I agree with. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great walk, Ruth! We are also John Deere fans. We have our old lawn mower from 35 years ago now outfitted as a plow/snowblower. What a wonderful capture of the Painted Lady butterflies migrating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly beautiful Ruth, & this is an area I would enjoy walking in. Amazing to see so many butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That walk was sure beautiful! I am glad you take us along. The butterflies were so pretty. The trail with the tree was so interesting. I like John Deere since hubs has always talked about them

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most inspirational beauty along the paths as I walk with you Ruth!!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm grateful that you share your beautiful photos with us, Ruth. I loved going on the walk with you and I have always been partial to John Deere since that was what my dad always had on the farm. I will always remember that putt, putt sound of the older John Deere tractor he had. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. we have had an abundant amount of painted ladies this year, more this year than i have ever seen. beautiful photos today ruth, fall is such a wonderful time of year.

    and i love your closing thought, i am so happy i live in a place that has octobers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth